Thank you

poptart

Been here about 5 years now,  dawning on me just how nice everyone's been.  Seeing the death of one parent and now looking after the other makes me think what' really important in life.  So far, most of you that I've spoken to strike me as the type of people who would sacrifice anything for your families, also it's making me realise just how shallow, selfish and cold blooded I am.  It' difficult, people nowadays really aren' any better and I figure no one would go out of their way to help me in that way, why should I care?  The idea of some reliious text telling me to.do something really holds little water when there's no way to enforce morality as I see fit not give me some real measure of security.  That, and considering what a violent childhood I had i wonder how I would act if I was cheated on like a lot of my friends were by their ex spouses.  Still, things like that more or less keep me single, and now I can see how blessed some of you are.  Once my mom passes I may follow her quickly as there will be no one else left nor do I really have much desire to sick around in this vile world.  

Thank you to those who listened over the years.  The fact that i even had a ear is amazing, the world is a cruel place and it's not going to change.

Whether you believe it or not, whether you have a caring family or friends or not, whether you have sufficient for your needs or not, you DO have loving Heavenly Parents and a Savior, Jesus Christ, who know you intimately in every moment of your life, who will never forsake you, but will be with you and help you (to the extent it will not interfere with your agency, nor thwart Their big picture plan for you and others), even carry you in your darkest hours.  No that won't prevent you from being hungry or scared, or in pain, or whatever else comes your way.  But it can help you feel comforted in the midst of all of that (yes, emotional numbing from various sources sometimes makes it hard to feel that comfort, but when you simply know that it is there and They are aware of you, believe in your, want you to live out your entire planned existence that you once chose before you came to earth.  You can trust my knowledge until you get your own.)

It sounds like you are considering suicide.  Please call 2-1-1 for help.

7 hours ago, poptart said:

Been here about 5 years now,  dawning on me just how nice everyone's been.  Seeing the death of one parent and now looking after the other makes me think what' really important in life.  So far, most of you that I've spoken to strike me as the type of people who would sacrifice anything for your families, also it's making me realise just how shallow, selfish and cold blooded I am.  It' difficult, people nowadays really aren' any better and I figure no one would go out of their way to help me in that way, why should I care?  The idea of some reliious text telling me to.do something really holds little water when there's no way to enforce morality as I see fit not give me some real measure of security.  That, and considering what a violent childhood I had i wonder how I would act if I was cheated on like a lot of my friends were by their ex spouses.  Still, things like that more or less keep me single, and now I can see how blessed some of you are.  Once my mom passes I may follow her quickly as there will be no one else left nor do I really have much desire to sick around in this vile world.  

Thank you to those who listened over the years.  The fact that i even had a ear is amazing, the world is a cruel place and it's not going to change.

People here on this board are generally nice people, as you attest, but a good reason for that impression you have is that you are so nice.  And the world, with all its problems, needs nice people.  I hope you stick around, Poptart.  I love to read your frank observations about life.  There really is no one quite like you.

1 hour ago, Robert F. Smith said:

People here on this board are generally nice people, as you attest, but a good reason for that impression you have is that you are so nice.  And the world, with all its problems, needs nice people.  I hope you stick around, Poptart.  I love to read your frank observations about life.  There really is no one quite like you.

The world is in for some very scary times soon. 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/875434/EU-news-West-collapse-Germany-army-Bundeswehr-Macron-Juncker

https://futuresconference2017.files.wordpress.com/2017/06/hetzer_vergin_theiler.pdf

1 hour ago, poptart said:

Not sure how likely those long-range plans are to bear fruit, but one thing is sure:  The climate change debacle will make all that planning seem irrelevant by 2040.  Germans are already adjusting well, but only time will tell whether the EU will survive.

5 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Not sure how likely those long-range plans are to bear fruit, but one thing is sure:  The climate change debacle will make all that planning seem irrelevant by 2040.  Germans are already adjusting well, but only time will tell whether the EU will survive.

Adjusting well how?  The attempt at green energy hasn't worked out too well, they're now paying sky high prices for energy.

1 hour ago, poptart said:

Adjusting well how?  The attempt at green energy hasn't worked out too well, they're now paying sky high prices for energy.

Actually, the Germans are doing better than any other country on clean, renewable power production, now normally for them at about 40% of total power produced.  But on the long May 1, 2017, weekend, renewables such as wind, solar, biomass, geothermal, and hydroelectric power produced fully 85% of all German power used.  They value a clean environment.  In addition, all German nuclear power plants will be phased out by 2022,  https://cleantechnica.com/2017/05/08/germany-breaks-solar-record-gets-85-electricity-renewables/

In America, lagging behind as usual, only 10% of our total power is produced by renewables.  While in China, they produce 12% of their power by renewables, and are projecting to produce 20% of their power from renewables by 2030.   http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/18/technology/china-us-clean-energy-solar-farm/index.html .