keeping the Sabbath holy

1 hour ago, Avatar4321 said:

been feeling impressed that I should do better to make the Sabbath a Holy day. How do you keep the Sabbath Holy?

Funnily enough tomorrow i'll be at Church from 12-3 and then we have a rescue meeting thing from 5-7, but they are providing a meal so i'm interested to know when they got it(apparently it's pizza)but  I don't want to eat cursed pizza and poisoned pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 hours ago, Avatar4321 said:

been feeling impressed that I should do better to make the Sabbath a Holy day. How do you keep the Sabbath Holy?

I find some research/writing project to help build the kingdom a wee bit.

And then I chip away at it at least a few minutes most days, but especially on Sundays.

Sundays are when I get most of the writing done, compiling the research made over previous days.

That's all largely based on patr blessing.

What do you feel impressed to do on Sundays?

Edited by hagoth7

How do I keep the Sabbath vs. other days of the week?   When at home after my 3-hr mtg, I turn away from the "world" in that I watch only BYU-TV and listen to BYU Radio... I enjoy hearing the wonderful talks, Music/Spoken Word,  Devotionals, Round Tables, etc.  I go to lds.org to hear/read others' experiences/stories.  I read the scriptures or books by LDS, work on family history, etc... Also, there is something about a Sunday afternoon nap that is particularly peaceful...  there is so much to do to keep the Spirit of the Sabbath...  at 6:00 PM I formally close my Sabbath Day, but still maintain a more spiritual attitude in my activities.  

GG