Avatar4321 Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 wrote this for another thread but thinking about it it seems like it deserves it's own thread: it seems to me that alot of the problem is people are unwilling to wait on the Lord. This is an eternal principle of the gospel. We are to wait on the Lord's timing in all things. sometimes what we wait on the Lord for is baptism or another ordinance. Sometimes it's a testimony. I'm currently waiting on the Lord for a number of things including healing my wife's back and the state bar to approve my license. sometimes we need to wait longer for the Lord for one thing than another. But we all need to wait for something. It is after our faith is tried and we submit to the Lords timing that the promised blessings come. We just cannot let our pride get in the way. 4
JLHPROF Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 I agree with this 100%. However, I think the bigger issue is how much the Lord has to wait on us. He just can't seem to get through to us most of the time and we just can't seem to get our heads into submission to him. 1
Avatar4321 Posted January 12, 2016 Author Posted January 12, 2016 I agree. Submitting is a difficult thing
VideoGameJunkie Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 I agree. I'm waiting on the Lord to meet a girl to get sealed to, but things will happen in the Lords time. 1
JLHPROF Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 45 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said: I agree. I'm waiting on the Lord to meet a girl to get sealed to, but things will happen in the Lords time. For me I personally have a hard time waiting due to D&C 130. I assume if I haven't received a blessing it is because I am failing to live the law upon which it is predicated. I assume I am not worthy/ready/doing what I'm supposed to be. Sometimes God really does just want me to wait. 1
The Nehor Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 23 minutes ago, JLHPROF said: For me I personally have a hard time waiting due to D&C 130. I assume if I haven't received a blessing it is because I am failing to live the law upon which it is predicated. I assume I am not worthy/ready/doing what I'm supposed to be. Sometimes God really does just want me to wait. Yeah, I do not think D&C 130 specifies a timetable.
Avatar4321 Posted January 12, 2016 Author Posted January 12, 2016 11 hours ago, JLHPROF said: For me I personally have a hard time waiting due to D&C 130. I assume if I haven't received a blessing it is because I am failing to live the law upon which it is predicated. I assume I am not worthy/ready/doing what I'm supposed to be. Sometimes God really does just want me to wait. But it is sometimes good to realize we have other commands to obey before the desired blessing comes
Ahab Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 Things, themselves, often take time to develop, so sometimes what we're waiting for is not the Lord but for other things to happen that will or may lead to the thing we want to hsppen. Waiting for a state bar to aporove a license, for example, may have nothing to do with waiting upon the Lord but rather waiting upon the state bar, although the Lord knows if or when that will ever happen. Because of each person's own agency our Lord won't force things to happen, so in this case it is the state bar setting the terms and conditions. If you pass their tests I'm sure you'll get the "blessings" that are predicated upon that, but even then you still may not get rich. I'll just hope and pray that the Lord will bless you with many good things as long as you do what his blessings are predicated upon.
Buckeye Posted January 12, 2016 Posted January 12, 2016 15 hours ago, JLHPROF said: I agree with this 100%. However, I think the bigger issue is how much the Lord has to wait on us. He just can't seem to get through to us most of the time and we just can't seem to get our heads into submission to him. Yes. We are the limiting factor. Not God. He doesn't measure things in time. We do. Whenever patience is required, it is not because God is otherwise too busy. It is because 1) He waits for us to be prepared for the next step and 2) usually He works with us collectively. Rather than waiting on God, we're actually waiting on the collective "us" to get our act together. (full disclosure, more often than not, I am on the "slow" end of the spectrum and therefore holding up our progress). 1
Recommended Posts