A Forever Family....

Garden Girl

Something that caught my attention on the news this morning...

A reporter was interviewing the wife/family of the pilot (husband and father of eight children) that died in the middle of the flight...

His daughter told how he had loved the idea of flying since he was a small boy...

Then his wife/widow was interviewed and she said... We are a forever family, and we really believe that we will be together forever...

Then they showed a family group photo with the parents and children, and I thought... sure looks like an LDS family (modest dress, etc).

Just something that struct my curiosity as I said a prayer for the family, that they will be comforted in their loss... then I remembered the positive words and expression of the widow...

GG

Hopefully they were sealed. I hate being in a family that hasn't been sealed together in the temple yet.

I suspect that his wife/widow using the term "forever family" means that they are sealed and/or born under the covenant.... and with Storm Rider's comment above that the pilot was from South Jordan, I expect they are LDS.

Another thing funny today... On "The Five" on Fox, Greg Gutfeld's "one thing" was about "Brigham Young" (BYU) not allowing men's buns... a hair style men with long hair wear... because it was against the Honor Code...  

GG

Hopefully they were sealed. I hate being in a family that hasn't been sealed together in the temple yet.

Don't despair.  As much as you might prefer that those ordinances occur sooner rather than later, you may need to be patient and know that none of the Good Shepherd's sheep who truly desire to be part of the fold will be permanently left behind. Work is occurring on both sides of the veil, and it will continue throughout the Millennium.  (Two "l's" and two "n's" don't look right, but my computer wins. ;)

I suspect that his wife/widow using the term "forever family" means that they are sealed and/or born under the covenant.... and with Storm Rider's comment above that the pilot was from South Jordan, I expect they are LDS.

Another thing funny today... On "The Five" on Fox, Greg Gutfeld's "one thing" was about "Brigham Young" (BYU) not allowing men's buns... a hair style men with long hair wear... because it was against the Honor Code...  

GG

Thank God and thank you for letting me know.  I know of few things more stupid looking than a man prancing around with a hair bun.  There, I said it.  I am a very old fogey that just has a difficult time with some of the hair styles of today and freely admit I had the same feelings for hair styles during the 60s and 70s.  

Edited by Kenngo1969

Ya patience on getting sealed to somebody has been long for me. No sealing to parents yet and no sealing to spouse yet. I have to wai

I waited nearly twelve years for the first, and I'm still waiting for the second.  Agency is so ... inconvenient ... sometimes.  All we can do is what we can do.  We will only be held accountable for how we use our own agency.  Often, we cannot control our circumstances; we can only control how we respond to them.  I don't know why the Lord has dealt with me as he has in some respects; I can only trust that He has His reasons.  As tempting as it might be to stomp my little feet and shake my little fist at how unfair the Sovereign Lord of the Universe is being, it won't do me much good.