A New Old Guy

CCRW

Hello,

I first signed up here in 2009 but was banned with 1536 posts here, but my main home was at the Trailer Park.

For now, I'm not going to say what my banned name was as I'd like to wipe the board clean, as much as that might be possible.

Seems no one makes it long as a new sockpuppet, although its been a long time since I've even dropped in here.  There are a lot of new faces, as well as several missing.

I heard that Pahoran had been banned and could not believe it.  I came back to read the thread with the bannable offense to see for myself.  That prompted me to read several others.

Hoping to ride on the coattails of a MD&D great being slain and instantly resurrected (i.e. assumed moderation foobar) and what appears as a more tolerant environment from several years back, I figured I'd try this again.

I do tire of my own nastiness in other environments and would like to see if a clean slate with the knowledge of a serious moderation possibly giving me a short rope that I might be able to able to learn for others experience as well as share my own.

Question: If your screenname is an acronym for your favourite 60's band, shouldn't it be CCWR?

mmm, Credence CWR was ok ... not blue blood southern rockers (from San Francisco).  I'm talking the likes of the Outlaws, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshal Tucker.

I had to add the final W because of minimum name length reasons.

Here, put some head phones on, turn it up and enjoy some pure religion, undefiled:

Edited by CCRW

Perhaps we need to not give any credence to his posts. Then again, dyslexia is rampant in the posting world.

I wished it was only dyslexia ...

I dropped out of High School, thus my grammar/spelling is horrible and I know little to nothing about anything but programming.  I apologize for that up front.

mmm, Credence CWR was ok ... not blue blood southern rockers (from San Francisco).  I'm talking the likes of the Outlaws, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marshal Tucker.

I had to add the final W because of minimum name length reasons.

Here, put some head phones on, turn it up and enjoy some pure religion, undefiled:

Alabama

Mexican Sky

Whaat? Carolina Dreams is one of my all time favorite albums. Bought it on vinyl, way back, before vinyl became nearly extinct. Then I bought it again on CD. Now, I hear, vinyl is ironically cool. Still have all my vinyl.

I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd, sometime in the early 2000s. The redu version of couse. They opened for ZZ Top, which is also a fav, more particularly their work from the 60's/70's.

Back in the day, when I had a cassette player in my car, I had a southern rock compilation, the Allman Bros. being my favorite off that one. Someone stole all my cassettes though, so it is long gone.

excellent ....

Well their roots are Waverly Ohio ... but based on what you've said here ... enjoy another you might not have heard for a long time:

Hopefully this link will play the whole album for you ...

Cobol or Kolob , pick your poison. :rolleyes:

I started professionally as a COBOL programmer in an IBM shop.  COBOL was a good language, although my favorite was Pascal, until Modula-2 came out.  Nowadays my favorite language is C#.  My sig line contains a line of C# (or for that matter C or Java).  It's an infinite loop.

But I've never coded in Kolob.  Is it a lisp-based language?

Edited by Stargazer

I started professionally as a COBOL programmer in an IBM shop.  COBOL was a good language, although my favorite was Pascal, until Modula-2 came out.  Nowadays my favorite language is C#.  My sig line contains a line of C# (or for that matter C or Java).  It's an infinite loop.

But I've never coded in Kolob.  Is it a lisp-based language?

COBOL was like saying you worked with machine code, back in the day. Pascal was used in my husband's structural engineering class. Mathematica? If I'm recalling correctly.

I'm IT also, done about every business position from programming to director, but I like what I do now (sys admin) and it will keep me going for another 15 years and then I can retire.

My family are blue collar, and I am self taught. Taught myself to program in 1987. These days, I've come to think of this army of techies that I am a part of, as the new blue collar. Long hours, little appreciation. Just a cog.