Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Breaking: Lds Church To Create Wards For Liberals


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been living in one of those for a decade. And yes, most of us have been translated. Not me though. I'm not liberal enough. 

Posted (edited)

I came across the above link while browsing The Millennial Star.  It was in their worth reading section.  I just couldn't resist creating a thread.

 

I am curious to know if liberal members of the church would go for something like this, or would they complain the church is isolating them from everyone else?  You know, separate drinking fountains if you know what I mean?

 

Or how would a ward for liberals work?  What would prevent them from engaging in unauthorized practices such as: ordaining women, allowing openly practicing gays and lesbians who are in committed relationships to go the temple, allowing political candidates to campaign on church property, ect?

 

Maybe, the church can create a special mission district with branches just for liberal Mormons.  It can be presided over by one of the Apostles (like Elder Oaks or Elder Bednar) and each branch can be presided over by a General Authority.  After all, these liberal Mormons are complaining that they can't bring their laundry list of complaints directly to the presiding leaders of the church.

Edited by Shanky82
Posted

The problem with liberal wards is they tend to get translated and so you lose your best members.

 

Yet somehow they still don't end up in the Celestial Kingdom...to many inequalities and restrictions for them.  Go figure.

Posted

Translated into their own fantasy's of reality and heaven.

You mean as opposed to YOUR fantasies, right? ;)
Posted

The problem with liberal wards is they tend to get translated and so you lose your best members.

 Translated to the Telestial Kingdom.  Oh they hadn't told you that yet.

Posted (edited)

 

Except:

1. They posted it March 30th.

2. It wasn't funny at all.  Just kind of sad.

Edited by JLHPROF
Posted (edited)

Everything posted on FMH is an April fools joke. Reading things off of there is like watching a circus, except watching a circus is more entertaining. A circus has elephants, FMH just has clowns.

Edited by Shanky82
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...