Doing The Happy Dance....

Yes I am...

Most of you know that I'm a  real fan of BYU sports... Valentinus and I have a good natured dispute about BYU...

Anyway, I have to give a shout out to Coach Jeff Judkins and our Women's Basketball Team... they are now playing in the NCAA tournament. This is the 3rd time ever that a No. 12 seed has made it to the NCAA... and only the second time in BYU history for Lady Cougs. 

In Round One, No. 12 seed BYU upset No. 5 seed North Carolina State in a 72 - 57 win... advancing them to Round Two. 

In Round Two, BYU  upset No. 4 seed Nebraska with an 80 - 76 win.

They now go to Round Three and on Saturday 3/29 will face the winner of the game between No. 1 seed Connecticut and No. 9 seed St. Joseph's.

So.... I give credit to all the hard work our Lady Coug's have put in that has allowed them to advance to the Sweet Sixteen.  Go Ladies!!

GG

You remind me so much of my mom GG. She was such a BYU basketball fan. And would watch all the time like you have. :)

Apparently I am/was in good company...

GG

Yes I am...

Most of you know that I'm a  real fan of BYU sports... Valentinus and I have a good natured dispute about BYU...

Anyway, I have to give a shout out to Coach Jeff Judkins and our Women's Basketball Team... they are now playing in the NCAA tournament. This is the 3rd time ever that a No. 12 seed has made it to the NCAA... and only the second time in BYU history for Lady Cougs. 

In Round One, No. 12 seed BYU upset No. 5 seed North Carolina State in a 72 - 57 win... advancing them to Round Two. 

In Round Two, BYU  upset No. 4 seed Nebraska with an 80 - 76 win.

They now go to Round Three and on Saturday 3/29 will face the winner of the game between No. 1 seed Connecticut and No. 9 seed St. Joseph's.

So.... I give credit to all the hard work our Lady Coug's have put in that has allowed them to advance to the Sweet Sixteen.  Go Ladies!!

GG

I'm with you, GG; although, I'm sure I don't do the "Happy Dance" nearly so well. :clapping:

I understand there's an article in the New York Times about our ladies... I'm going to try and find it online... (my computer is so old and slow).  Perhaps someone can post a link...

GG

Good job Lady Coug's! It was all luck any way...

Luck!!  Val, are you kidding?  Jen Hamson is No. 3 in the country in blocks, way up there in rebounds, etc.   Lexi Eaton and Kim Beeston and Bailey all shoot 3-pointers regularly... The team has worked hard to get where they are, and I know you really, secretly, are rooting for them...   The Ladies will have their hands full Saturday, playing No. 1 seed UConn...  C'mon Val, just give in... say it!  Go Lady Cougs!!  :clapping:

GG

Luck!!  Val, are you kidding?  Jen Hamson is No. 3 in the country in blocks, way up there in rebounds, etc.   Lexi Eaton and Kim Beeston and Bailey all shoot 3-pointers regularly... The team has worked hard to get where they are, and I know you really, secretly, are rooting for them...   The Ladies will have their hands full Saturday, playing No. 1 seed UConn...  C'mon Val, just give in... say it!  Go Lady Cougs!!  :clapping:

GG

Go Lady Kittens

Today the Ladies Basketball Team played Nol 1 seed, Univ of Connecticut... they did lose, but UConn knows they played the BYU Cougars...

We led for most of the first half until the last couple minutes when UConn went up by one point going into the halftime.

We kept pace for the first few minutes of the 2nd half before UConn started pulling ahead (we got into foul trouble, etc) and just didn't play as well.  We finally lost by 19 points, which was a surprise that it was that much... but it is what it is.  I'm proud of the ladies because they represented BYU well, and ended their season 28 wins, 7 loses... not bad... so while I'm disappointed, I'm still proud...

GG