Seriously No Politics ×

Is Anyone Here Besides Me Non-Mormon?

Just so you are aware... There are several churches that spring from the experience Joseph Smith had with God and that value and use the Book of Mormon as sacred scripture. The LDS just happens to be the largest and most well-known.

I like the Restorationists. If I were to ever consider going back to the Restoration Movement I would go with them because they hold to the beliefs and practices before all the Nauvoo nonsense. But that's not going to happen.

I'm what you call a born again Mormon. I lived a very worthy Mormon life up to age 20 and then in my 20s I began a descent into sin, but thankfully as I'm 28 now I can say I got over that bad period last summer and found and joined this message board. The pain of what I did in my 20s hurts, but I'm trying my very best and with the help of my Bishop's love and patience and guidance I was able to overcome my demons.

Edited by VideoGameJunkie
  • 1 month later...

I too am regarded as an "investigator"  I am incredibly shy and scared of Bishops and find it extremely intimidating to go to the church services even though I learn so much when I do.  Everyone turns around and stares at me like I'm an alien or boogie man. (F)

I have found it so very frustrating trying to study and learn on my own.  The missionaries, although very kind, cannot answer my questions.  Certainly the missionaries on the 800 helpline cannot answer questions.  They will only give me their testimonies in their beliefs.  I listen quietly, but as this is very important to me, I get frustrated.  I have been meeting some with the missionary leader couple and the husband enjoys talking theology and he helps sometimes.  I also have a friendly relationship with a high priedt in another ward through profesdional connections, and he has been open to answering questions.  They are such a blessing...

There have been some very patient forum members that have also helped to clarify and explain things.  There is so much information to consolidate into something that I am able to understand.  Such a wonderful group of theologians, scholars, and teachers here.  Often listening to a Catholic or EV or ex member discuss points really helps me to see much I miss.  I don't know enough to put things into the historical perspective that they do.

Keeping an open mind and open heart is all I can do.

Thanks again for those that post and answer my dumb questions.

I am trying to also read old posts so that I don't bother you all too much.

Gratefully,

WB

I too am regarded as an "investigator"  I am incredibly shy and scared of Bishops and find it extremely intimidating to go to the church services even though I learn so much when I do.  Everyone turns around and stares at me like I'm an alien or boogie man. (F)

I have found it so very frustrating trying to study and learn on my own.  The missionaries, although very kind, cannot answer my questions.  Certainly the missionaries on the 800 helpline cannot answer questions.  They will only give me their testimonies in their beliefs.  I listen quietly, but as this is very important to me, I get frustrated.  I have been meeting some with the missionary leader couple and the husband enjoys talking theology and he helps sometimes.  I also have a friendly relationship with a high priedt in another ward through profesdional connections, and he has been open to answering questions.  They are such a blessing...

There have been some very patient forum members that have also helped to clarify and explain things.  There is so much information to consolidate into something that I am able to understand.  Such a wonderful group of theologians, scholars, and teachers here.  Often listening to a Catholic or EV or ex member discuss points really helps me to see much I miss.  I don't know enough to put things into the historical perspective that they do.

Keeping an open mind and open heart is all I can do.

Thanks again for those that post and answer my dumb questions.

I am trying to also read old posts so that I don't bother you all too much.

Gratefully,

WB

Honest questions deserve honest answers. Ask away WB

• 5 months later...

Honest questions deserve honest answers. Ask away WB

Deleted.  Cal resurrected a stinky thread! :P:D

Edited by Kenngo1969