Big Companies You Might Not Know Are Religious

Just saw it and thought it might be interesting to share. Especially since some of our brethren got mentioned.

http://finance.yahoo...-175228053.html

Interesting. When the nudge came to support Prop 8, Marriot scrambled to distance itself from the political action because it correctly anticipated the backlash it would unleash and the impact it would have on convention business, etc.

Even though the Supreme Court decided that corporations were people they are incapable of being religious.

Shhhh....don't let certain groups know that they might go inactive...oh wait, go ahead and tell them...

Even though the Supreme Court decided that corporations were people they are incapable of being religious.

But what if I wrote into my articles of incorporation that the corporation believes in God and strives to follow all applicable commandments? Could you then say that that corporation was religious?

But what if I wrote into my articles of incorporation that the corporation believes in God and strives to follow all applicable commandments? Could you then say that that corporation was religious?

No, though I would hope it meant that whoever wrote the articles believes in God and will attempt to act in conformance with his laws.

Interesting, and do you have examples of this particular form of legal malpractice?

In light of reason events your application would never be approved.

Archived