Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Northstarlds.Org


Recommended Posts

Posted

Does anyone know anything about this web site. Is it just a slick version of Exodus International? I happened upon it, but have not been able to find out if they are just coming online, or are just fading away.

Posted

Dunno never heard of it before,.

Posted

I don't know how long the website has been around, but I don't think they are fading away. One of the directors, Ty Mansfield, has a fairly new book out with Deseret Book, Voices of Hope, and there is now a companion website.

Yes, thank you. They appear to be a part of the Northstar site.
Posted

North Star has been around for some time. They've been heavily criticized for their teachings that sexual orientation can change and for the methods they have employed in their effort to do so (called "repairative therapy"). Recently, they seem to have moved away some from these dangerous teachings and practices.

Posted

Ty Mansfield is an odd character.

Have you met the dude.....or just a general assessment from afar? I've heard a number of people say this, but that's not the vibe I've gotten. He is on my interesting peoples list where curiosity gets the best of me and i must know their story. (P.S. you're one as well)

With luv,

BD

Posted

Have you met the dude.....or just a general assessment from afar? I've heard a number of people say this, but that's not the vibe I've gotten. He is on my interesting peoples list where curiosity gets the best of me and i must know their story. (P.S. you're one as well)

With luv,

BD

After the disaster that is the book "In Quiet Desperation" co-authored with the Matis', hearing him speak in person, and video footage...I came to this conclusion.

Nothing special to know about me. I fly under the radar.

Posted

After the disaster that is the book "In Quiet Desperation" co-authored with the Matis', hearing him speak in person, and video footage...I came to this conclusion.

Funny, I liked the book. I remember finding some spiritual insights that I could use in my own life even though the main topic was not directly related. I preferred voices of hope better though....mainly because I enjoy stories and there were a ton of stories to peruse through (didn't read any of the articles....I prefer first-hand accounts). I heard him speak in person, read a number of articles about him/from him, and some video footage as well. Just a differing conclusion I guess.

Nothing special to know about me. I fly under the radar.

Lol....nope, you've had your interesting moments. It's generally people's choices that intrigue me, and I have an insatiable appetite to understand why or how they got to where they are. And you've definitely had some interesting paths taken. You've peaked my curiosity a number of times.

With luv,

BD

Posted

Funny, I liked the book. I remember finding some spiritual insights that I could use in my own life even though the main topic was not directly related. I preferred voices of hope better though....mainly because I enjoy stories and there were a ton of stories to peruse through (didn't read any of the articles....I prefer first-hand accounts). I heard him speak in person, read a number of articles about him/from him, and some video footage as well. Just a differing conclusion I guess.

Lol....nope, you've had your interesting moments. It's generally people's choices that intrigue me, and I have an insatiable appetite to understand why or how they got to where they are. And you've definitely had some interesting paths taken. You've peaked my curiosity a number of times.

With luv,

BD

You're making me blush...stop that! I'm an even bigger disaster than that book. Maybe when I apply to be rebaptized LDS, the church authorities will do the right thing and decline me like a bank declines a guy with 500 credit score a credit card.

Posted

Funny, I liked the book. I remember finding some spiritual insights that I could use in my own life even though the main topic was not directly related. I preferred voices of hope better though....mainly because I enjoy stories and there were a ton of stories to peruse through (didn't read any of the articles....I prefer first-hand accounts). I heard him speak in person, read a number of articles about him/from him, and some video footage as well. Just a differing conclusion I guess.

Lol....nope, you've had your interesting moments. It's generally people's choices that intrigue me, and I have an insatiable appetite to understand why or how they got to where they are. And you've definitely had some interesting paths taken. You've peaked my curiosity a number of times.

With luv,

BD

Well, they have been completely unresponsive. Maybe practioners have given up on putting people in the center of a circle and degrading them?
Posted

You're making me blush...stop that! I'm an even bigger disaster than that book. Maybe when I apply to be rebaptized LDS, the church authorities will do the right thing and decline me like a bank declines a guy with 500 credit score a credit card.

psshh, you have plenty of redeemable characteristics or God wouldn't bother ;)....besides, honestly its the faults and quarks and uncertainties, and yet still willing to keep moving forward (even when forward is not obvious) that I enjoy in a person's character. You'll just have to deal with the blushing.

Well, they have been completely unresponsive. Maybe practioners have given up on putting people in the center of a circle and degrading them?

Ellen, I'm not exactly certain what you're talking about. Are you talking about the re-orientation stuff? A little confused on that. But yeah, I wouldn't be big into people degrading others at all.

With luv,

BD

Posted (edited)

North Star is fantastic. I've been involved with their private facebook group since Thanksgiving of last year.

I can bear personal testimony that the Lord was directly involved in it's creation and the success it is having. It is a sign of God's love, a resource for those of us with same-sex attraction that can really help support us in the decision to live faithful to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I encourage everyone who reads this thread to take a good look at it, especially the Voices of Hope project, which is a collection of video interviews given to share with the world a voice of hope that same-sex attraction is not exempt from Christ's atoning sacrifice.

Where there are members of the Church who experience feelings of same-sex attraction, they ought to be directed to North Star because it helps focus our attention on the north star of our lives: Jesus Christ.

The entire purpose of North Star is to help members of the Church keep covenants and live faithful lives to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. North Star supports the Prophet, his councilors, and the Quorum of the Twelve and is, in my opinion, the absolute best resource for people who are attracted to their own gender and seek support in keeping their covenants and living in accordance with the standards of the Church.

Edited by Gillebre
Posted (edited)

Yes, I am speaking as one who experiences feelings of same-sex attraction.

I also speak as one who has seen firsthand the fruits of North Star, and experienced just how powerful a tool it is to help people keep the commandments. :)

Edited by Gillebre
Posted

North Star is fantastic. I've been involved with their private facebook group since Thanksgiving of last year.

I can bear personal testimony that the Lord was directly involved in it's creation and the success it is having. It is a sign of God's love, a resource for those of us with same-sex attraction that can really help support us in the decision to live faithful to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I encourage everyone who reads this thread to take a good look at it, especially the Voices of Hope project, which is a collection of video interviews given to share with the world a voice of hope that same-sex attraction is not exempt from Christ's atoning sacrifice.

Where there are members of the Church who experience feelings of same-sex attraction, they ought to be directed to North Star because it helps focus our attention on the north star of our lives: Jesus Christ.

The entire purpose of North Star is to help members of the Church keep covenants and live faithful lives to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. North Star supports the Prophet, his councilors, and the Quorum of the Twelve and is, in my opinion, the absolute best resource for people who are attracted to their own gender and seek support in keeping their covenants and living in accordance with the standards of the Church.

I am inter-sexed and there is a place in there where they address Transgender and Inter-sexed people. In the light of present conjecture, the two groups of people have NOTHING to do with each other, and I worry about help groups that think they do. Transgender people mostly lose their families, friends, jobs and churches when they "Come Out". The treatment they get in our society is an absolute abomination.

Inter-sexed and people with Androgen Insensitivity, though some of us are not likely to ever appear on a magazine cover. I would rather work with a group that is aware of the difference.

Posted

Yes, I am speaking as one who experiences feelings of same-sex attraction.

I also speak as one who has seen firsthand the fruits of North Star, and experienced just how powerful a tool it is to help people keep the commandments. :)

Fair enough. You'll do great here in AZ. Maybe I will meet you at the airport when you fly in from the MTC.

Posted

The middle four chapters of "In Quiet Desperation" is the best practical discussion of the Atonement I have ever read.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...