ERayR Posted May 20, 2013 Posted May 20, 2013 Ah yes, the old conundrum if we are obese because of gluttony do we get resurrected looking like a chubby Buddha. Always yearned for God to look a little more Buddha like, why is it we always depict Christ as either emaciated on the Cross or buff -- but never out of shape.Because he had to walk everywhere, didn't have motor vehicles or tv or computer games.
Stone holm Posted May 20, 2013 Posted May 20, 2013 Because he had to walk everywhere, didn't have motor vehicles or tv or computer games.So how did Buddha get around on a flying carpet or something?
ERayR Posted May 20, 2013 Posted May 20, 2013 So how did Buddha get around on a flying carpet or something?I don't know I'm not that old and I haven't read anything about anomalies connected to Buddha. He may have had a stray flying machine tucked away in the corner of the garage.
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 Paradise is perfect, and we ought to be doing all we can to get it "built". God is not going to give us what we already have the power to create. We have the power to create health within our own bodies. Exceptions are of course genetic, and also from a lifetime of ignorance one cannot escape the consequences. But once someone is converted to the truth that s/he is responsible for health, and now knows how to promote health, it is their responsibility to live by that new understanding. To not do so, and expect God to heal them, is fallacious, not faith.Too quote from a movie, "your justice could freeze beer". We can only do our part, but all must die from something that would be considered ill health, unless it was being hit by a car.
ERayR Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 Too quote from a movie, "your justice could freeze beer". We can only do our part, but all must die from something that would be considered ill health, unless it was being hit by a car.Seems to me that would also cause a serious health problem.
Stone holm Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 Too quote from a movie, "your justice could freeze beer". We can only do our part, but all must die from something that would be considered ill health, unless it was being hit by a car.Ah what movie?
grhammjr Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 I still have coffee some , it is my compromise drink when others have alcohol since I will likely be driving. WoW is health advice, but I don't think it must be followed as closely as the 10 commandments.
ERayR Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 I still have coffee some , it is my compromise drink when others have alcohol since I will likely be driving. WoW is health advice, but I don't think it must be followed as closely as the 10 commandments.I have a couple of sins shortcomings I justify to myself too.
Stone holm Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 I have a couple of sins shortcomings I justify to myself too. Strictly for medicinal reasons though....
ERayR Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 (edited) Strictly for medicinal reasons though....Of course. Edited May 21, 2013 by ERayR
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 Seems to me that would also cause a serious health problem.Indeed, I got my back broken one year ago today.
ERayR Posted May 21, 2013 Posted May 21, 2013 Indeed, I got my back broken one year ago today. Now that you remind me I remember. How are you doing now? Well I hope.
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 Now that you remind me I remember. How are you doing now? Well I hope.Still in PT twice a week, and get shots in my back every few weeks. I may never be able to do my profession again?
ERayR Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 Still in PT twice a week, and get shots in my back every few weeks. I may never be able to do my profession again?I have degenerative disks in my neck and lower back so understand. It has gotten to the point I can not even do yard work. I understand how hard it is for someone who has been active all their life to give up but I have had to do it. Hang in there I love you man.
Questing Beast Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 (edited) Too quote from a movie, "your justice could freeze beer". We can only do our part, but all must die from something that would be considered ill health, unless it was being hit by a car.I don't consider dying from a failed (worn out) system ill health. Old age isn't ill health, it's the natural order for mortals.We're not meant to stay here. But while we are here we ought to be making the planet as paradisiacal as possible, that starts with ourselves. Making excuses is what failures do. Since we all fail at something, and succeed at other things, we can make the planet better by our successes, which will outweigh our failures. Existence seems built to promote success, otherwise this place would be mostly chaos instead of tending to order, in spite of our best efforts.... Edited May 22, 2013 by Questing Beast
Stone holm Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 I don't consider dying from a failed (worn out) system ill health. Old age isn't ill health, it's the natural order for mortals.We're not meant to stay here. But while we are here we ought to be making the planet as paradisiacal as possible, that starts with ourselves. Making excuses is what failures do. Since we all fail at something, and succeed at other things, we can make the planet better by our successes, which will outweigh our failures. Existence seems built to promote success, otherwise this place would be mostly chaos instead of tending to order, in spite of our best efforts....Glad to hear that the aches in these old bones and muscles is just aging and not ill health...it is so comforting. 1
ERayR Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 Glad to hear that the aches in these old bones and muscles is just aging and not ill health...it is so comforting.Yup, It changes everything.
Stone holm Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 Yup, It changes everything.Perked right up and decided I could stay up all night reading just like in my college days and you know what I feel just like **** just like I did back then, but now I drink hot chocolate to recover instead of coffee, which gives me more body to ache with age from...
ERayR Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 Perked right up and decided I could stay up all night reading just like in my college days and you know what I feel just like **** just like I did back then, but now I drink hot chocolate to recover instead of coffee, which gives me more body to ache with age from...I jumped up and headed out to the yard to do yard work and by the time I got out there my back had given out so didn't get much done.
Ahab Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 I jumped up and headed out to the yard to do yard work and by the time I got out there my back had given out so didn't get much done.I need to take lots of breaks too, rather than being able to just keep working for a long time like when I was younger. As long as you stay out there you can still get lots of things done over time, though. Rest, work, rest, work, rest, work, etc.
Stone holm Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 I jumped up and headed out to the yard to do yard work and by the time I got out there my back had given out so didn't get much done.Wifey didn't think the exchange humorous...she is not into getting old...
ERayR Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 Wifey didn't think the exchange humorous...she is not into getting old...Neither am I but haven't found any alternative that I am comfortable with
Ahab Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 Neither am I but haven't found any alternative that I am comfortable withYou're never any older than as old as you are. And wherever you go, there you are, too.
Questing Beast Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 Hey, I said that, of course I was quoting Farley. And I am also not into getting old. The moving and the shaking to get things done is for the young. We can persuade and direct aright, while resting of course....
Recommended Posts