Hurricane Sandy And The New York Destruction Prophecy

Zakuska

Is it really going to that bad of a problem?

The papers are already saying it is going to have an effect on the election and if it is a harsh storm, could tilt votes away from the incumbent as disasters have in the past. Plus there is all the technical stuff getting fouled up and making it harder for people to vote.

rodheadlee:

Yes I live in SoCal. Our weather here is hot and dry for most of year. So naturally statistically speaking that is when when most earthquakes happen. However we can/do have big earthquakes at any time of the year. We have dozens of tiny earthquakes every day. Few in any given year are even noticeable except by a seismograph.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/27.37.-125.-115.php

The Tectonic Plates run about 120 miles deep so are unaffected by weather.

The papers are already saying it is going to have an effect on the election and if it is a harsh storm, could tilt votes away from the incumbent as disasters have in the past. Plus there is all the technical stuff getting fouled up and making it harder for people to vote.

Yes, Thousands may die tonight. Perhaps if enough people pray to Heavenly Father to confound the weathermen and steer this storm east or weaken it, many will be saved and many homes will be saved. I have many friends in the projected path unfortunately they are all atheist.

D&C 42:

45 Thou shalt alive together in blove, insomuch that thou shalt cweep for the loss of them that die, and more especially for those that have not dhope of a glorious resurrection.

46 And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not ataste of bdeath, for it shall be csweet unto them;

47 And they that die not in me, wo unto them, for their death is bitter.

My prayers are certainly with those in the path of this storm. It will be interesting to see how it might affect the election because if a whole area is unable to vote there is no way we will have a decision by Nov. 6.

This storm has already killed 65 in the Caribbean. :(

It's targeting Snookie next (what ever will the reality TV junkies do?!) Going in land taking out The home of the Philly cheese steak, then making a eastward turn and heading back out to sea through Mass.

They are calling it "FrankenStorm"... WAY worse than Irene. Its basically the entire eastern sea board from the Carolinas up into the Hudson bay.

This also coincided with an earth quake in Oregon.. And a Tsunami warning in Hawaii over the week end.

https://www.google.c...iw=1017&bih=565

This peaked my intrest as well.

D&C 88

87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.

88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people.

89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.

90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.

91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.

92 And angels shall fly through the midst of heaven, crying with a loud voice, sounding the trump of God, saying: Prepare ye, prepare ye, O inhabitants of the earth; for the judgment of our God is come. Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

93 And immediately there shall appear a great sign in heaven, and all people shall see it together.

President Hinkley - If Ye are prepared Ye shall not fear. (General Conference 2005)

In the year A.D. 79 the great city of Pompeii was destroyed when Mount Vesuvius erupted.

Chicago was ravaged by a terrible fire. Tidal waves have swamped areas of Hawaii. The San Francisco earthquake in 1906 ruined the city and took some 3,000 lives. The hurricane that hit Galveston, Texas, in 1900 killed 8,000. And more recently, as you know, has been the terrible tsunami of Southeast Asia, where thousands of lives were lost and where relief efforts are still needed.

How portentous are the words of revelation found in the 88th section of the Doctrine and Covenants concerning the calamities that should befall after the testimonies of the elders. The Lord says:

“For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand.

“And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.

“And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people” (D&C 88:89–91).

How interesting are descriptions of the tsunami and the recent hurricanes in terms of the language of this revelation, which says, “The voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.”

Man’s inhumanity to man expressed in past and present conflict has and continues to bring unspeakable suffering. In the Darfur region of Sudan, tens of thousands have been killed and well over a million have been left homeless.

What we have experienced in the past was all foretold, and the end is not yet. Just as there have been calamities in the past, we expect more in the future. What do we do?

http://www.lds.org/g...t-fear?lang=eng

I think it is just a lot of hype about Sandy.

A large storm does not equal a powerful storm.

Sandy is large but barely a hurricane (Cat 1). When I was young there was a Hurricane that covered a large portion of Texas, but not much came of the storm.

Post Katrina & Ike, governments just want to get everyone out (this tends to create a bit of histeria).

As for the prophecy:

I think it is more likely, an earthquake that destroys New York will trigger a tidal wave that destroys Boston. I have read that there is an island in the Pacific which has a fault line and if one half fell into the sea the tidal wave would be taller than the Empire State building.

My prayers are certainly with those in the path of this storm. It will be interesting to see how it might affect the election because if a whole area is unable to vote there is no way we will have a decision by Nov. 6.

Hadn't you heard it's a Republican organized plot. :rofl: :rofl:

DavidB:

This is a category 1 storm. The category is determined by wind speed not the volume of air pushing it. In physical size this dwarfs Katrina and Ike combined. Also hurricanes are nothing to mess with. As little as 2-4 inches of flowing water can knock over a grown man, and putting winds in excess of 50mph in mix can be deadly. If asked to leave LEAVE. Your possessions can be replaced you and your loved ones can not.

DavidB:

This is a category 1 storm. The category is determined by wind speed not the volume of air pushing it. In physical size this dwarfs Katrina and Ike combined. Also hurricanes are nothing to mess with. As little as 2-4 inches of flowing water can knock over a grown man, and putting winds in excess of 50mph in mix can be deadly. If asked to leave LEAVE. Your possessions can be replaced you and your loved ones can not.

I grew up with Hurricanes and never evacuated even when orders were given, I wouldn't be so foolish to sit on the beach during a hurricane, but I like to think I am wise enough to recognize hype when I see it.

Nah. The only thing that'll make it harder for people to vote are them darn Republicans, who think people should actually have to prove who they are in order to exercise that privilege. ;)

I think it is just a lot of hype about Sandy.

A large storm does not equal a powerful storm.

Sandy is large but barely a hurricane (Cat 1). ...

That's true, but Sandy isn't the only problem: it's the collision of Sandy with (an)other large storm system(s) that will portend (is portending?) grave consequences. :huh:

didn't bode well for Florida during the Bush years. Snopes link

florida.jpg

Archived