Gratitude to All Those Here Who Helped Me to My Current Official Position

Daniel Peterson

From a virulently apostate message board:

Kinda cute how FAIR's Mormon Discussion board purged all Peterson's nasty tempered posts and renamed itself so he could move on to be an official spokesman for the church.

They instead set him up a separate forum so he could post official announcements and not go into withdrawal from posting dozens of screaming rants daily.

Now he's able to speak officially without people pulling up quotes from his diatribes over there.

Can anybody here explain to me what this person thinks s/he is talking about?

-nasty-tempered official dcp

ranting, screamingly

While the text you quoted is probably completely accurate, did you take on a new responsibility that would provide fodder for such a message as you quoted? Or does that bit of information have a similar accuracy as the rest of the message?

Sounds like the writer is upset that some of your old posts got deleted during the board update.

As one who spent a week scanning threads and archiving, I can assure you that the charge that posts were screened that closely is baseless. I looked at over 500 threads in one week, a significant number of which were many pages long. After the first 48 hours, and once my eyes uncrossed, I saved threads based on:

1. Whether the topic had broad appeal

2. Whether the topic had generated a lot of conversation

3. Whether the topic had long-lasting appeal (as opposed to being a rehash of a news article that might lose relevance over time)

and

4. Whether I knew the contributors to the thread to be posters who generally contribute substance rather than just noise

So, all of the board war threads bit the dust. My apologies to the offended. Fwiw, both Calmoriah and I repeatedly offered to save specific posts as other board members identified them. We saved a significant number of posts based on special request. Had the writer in the OP sent me a PM, I would have saved the posts without hesitation as I did for others.

Sorry.

MnG

I'm guessing the pretty-regular column in Mormon Times is what los gatos are referring to.

Hey, that's discriminatory towards cats! :P We don't want angry feline friends, that we don't. ;)

Woof Woof

USU "Proud Anti-Catite" 78

Woof Woof

USU "Proud Anti-Catite" 78

TAO uses Scratch!

It's Super-effective!

The foe's USU78 faints!

To make this post not off topic, Dr. Peterson, I'd say whoever is speaking there needs to look more closely through the archives =). There is alot of stuff down there.

They instead set him up a separate forum so he could post official announcements and not go into withdrawal from posting dozens of screaming rants daily.

I think he meant, the forum was setup, just for you, so that you wouldn't go into withdrawal from not posting dozens of screaming rants daily.

But, then, it's kind of hard to tell.

Also, I apologize for posting on your private forum. oops. Rant on.

I've never considerd you to be an official spokesman for the Church or the leader of the apologetics we all engage in. But I have encouraged that view over there as it keeps them busy and safely off the streets.

ranting, screamingly

Well I have copies of all your ranting diatribes, and will gladly sell them to any interested parties.

(I spend all my free time reading and cataloging everything Dan writes--a Boswell to his Johnson. His grocery list last week was particularly fascinating.)

Whoops, just accidentally hit the delete key! DO'H! There goes a fortune!

TAO uses Scratch!

It's Super-effective!

The foe's USU78 faints!

To make this post not off topic, Dr. Peterson, I'd say whoever is speaking there needs to look more closely through the archives =). There is alot of stuff down there.

How To Clean A Toilet

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat into the toilet and stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and "rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid and seat.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,

The Dog

How To Clean A Toilet

1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

2. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

3. In one smooth movement, put the cat into the toilet and stand on the lid.

4. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a "power-wash" and "rinse".

6. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid and seat.

8. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

9. Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Sincerely,

The Dog

TAO used Dark Void!

The foe's Dog fell asleep!

The foe's Owner fell asleep!

The foe's Dog is sleeping.

The foe's Owner is sleeping.

-----------------------------------

Dark Void does hit both Pokemon don'tcha know :P

BTW Dan, have they lightened what they were discussing with you about over there?

• 2 weeks later...

ranting, screamingly

That is ridiculous. Doesn't this person know the correct conspiracy theory involves the board shutting down to hide your posts because Brian Mitchell's lawyers were so beyond dumb, they would of course wait until a day or two before the trial started to do their research on the prosecution's expert witness? I mean, how could the man get a fair trial when a super important message board that you post on went offline right before you testified?!

That's some excellent logic there. I think we all know lawyers don't spend months or even years doing their homework. No. They wake up one morning and say, "Hey, you know that one guy? We should see what kind of person he is by looking at what he writes on message boards. But let's wait until the very last minute possible."

ranting, screamingly

Not me...I cannot post anything. Is someone using your name over at the "other place", Or is that you I don't visit there much, so I have not read to know.

Archived