Seriously No Politics ×

Anti's At Manti

LifeOnaPlate

For all the wonderful and fruitful conversations I had at Manti, I think all this reviling toward me is worth it. If anyone has any questions, you can e-mail me at aaronshaf[at]gmail.com. I need to start my day now.

For all the wonderful and fruitful conversations I had at Manti, I think all this reviling toward me is worth it. If anyone has any questions, you can e-mail me at aaronshaf[at]gmail.com. I need to start my day now.

No. I invite you to participate in this public forum to account for your behavior. You apparently protest and disrupt in a public forum...I think you should have the courage to discuss that behavior in a public forum.

Regards,

Six

I'd prefer to discuss it here on the board. There have already been a few interesting questions asked, and hope you'd take the time to respond.

Why should he answer, he has the attention that he has been craving and the more he doesn't answer, the more attention he gets. Besides, he's not here to discuss anything, he is here to lecture, bloviate, and condemn us, else his life would be meaningless.

Aaron,

Just wanted you to know that I love you. Also, I don't know if you've met him yet, but you should probably introduce yourself to Bill Keller. I think you two would get along great. What with his obsession with men's underwear, and your obsession with homosexual drag queens, I think you two could have a very fruityful friendship.

Hopefully Aaron will be back, as I'm still wondering when we will get the next DVD from those who demand consistency. I really hope the next on is Zoroaster vs. Jesus. But I don't think I'll be all that disappointed if it's one of the following:

Buddha vs. Jesus

Confucius vs. Jesus

Moses vs. Jesus

Paul vs. Jesus

Mohammed vs. Jesus

John Huss vs. Jesus

Loyola vs. Jesus

George Fox vs. Jesus

John Wesley vs. Jesus

Swedenborg vs. Jesus

Mary Baker Eddy vs. Jesus

Gandhi vs. Jesus

Lao-tzu vs. Jesus

Al Mahdi vs. Jesus

Shabbetai Tzevi vs. Jesus

Krishna vs. Jesus

Baha'u'llah vs. Jesus

Dalai Lama vs. Jesus

Ramanuja vs. Jesus

Maimonides vs. Jesus

Dympna vs. Jesus

Wovoka vs. Jesus

Benen vs. Jesus

Ulfilas vs. Jesus

So, when will the next one be coming out (and who will it be on)? I know that there certainly must be another one coming soon. I wouldn't dare think that there could possibly be some hypocrisy at play here.

Hopefully Aaron will be back, as I'm still wondering when we will get the next DVD from those who demand consistency. I really hope the next on is Zoroaster vs. Jesus. But I don't think I'll be all that disappointed if it's one of the following:

Buddha vs. Jesus

Confucius vs. Jesus

Moses vs. Jesus

Paul vs. Jesus

Mohammed vs. Jesus

John Huss vs. Jesus

Loyola vs. Jesus

George Fox vs. Jesus

John Wesley vs. Jesus

Swedenborg vs. Jesus

Mary Baker Eddy vs. Jesus

Gandhi vs. Jesus

Lao-tzu vs. Jesus

Al Mahdi vs. Jesus

Shabbetai Tzevi vs. Jesus

Krishna vs. Jesus

Baha'u'llah vs. Jesus

Dalai Lama vs. Jesus

Ramanuja vs. Jesus

Maimonides vs. Jesus

Dympna vs. Jesus

Wovoka vs. Jesus

Benen vs. Jesus

Ulfilas vs. Jesus

So, when will the next one be coming out (and who will it be on)? I know that there certainly must be another one coming soon. I wouldn't dare think that there could possibly be some hypocrisy at play here.

Yes, one would not want to think that a denomination is directly targeting the LDS and none other. That certainly wouldn't be fair to express..."love"...to only us.

Why, I am surprised that such Christian love from Aaron receives this type of response. You are all filled with the spirit of the devil if these feelings are your true response to his outreaching hand.

Good spirits recognize true Christian love, while those who fight against God revile it!

Why, I am surprised that such Christian love from Aaron receives this type of response. You are all filled with the spirit of the devil if these feelings are your true response to his outreaching hand.

Good spirits recognize true Christian love, while those who fight against God revile it!

I called for examples of Aaron's style of "Christian love" from the New Testament, but no examples were advanced.

His version of Christian love is not only shameful, but also unbiblical, as it seeks to add to the word of God, and assumes, as did the sons of Sceva, that they can take the authority to preach upon themselves.

I talked to Lonnie about a few things:

-Telling the difference between an angel from the devil and an angel of God (when he referred to Joseph seeing an "angel of light."

-The difference between a commandment and a suggestion in God's Word (the Bible. Example: Baptism vs. Paul saying women shouldn't speak in the church.)

-The infallibility of the Bible. (He stated the Dead Sea Scrolls verified the complete accuracy of the bible. I asked 'what about the New Testament?')

-The judgment facing those who never heard the name of Christ or had access to a Bible.

-etc. etc.

The JesusNotJospeh folks were very antagonistic and downright abraisive.

HPIM0211.jpg

This young man actually and quite literally began foaming at the mouth after about 30 minutes of yelling without pause.

HPIM0213.jpg

He had gathered a group of 20 or so, mostly younger kids, by his shouting.

When he started into racism of the Book of Mormon I decided to quiet him a little, and approached him. At first he ignored me and continued to yell, and his friend standing near him asked if I had a question, so I mentioned the aparent racism in the Bible. The shouter stopped shouting, and, in a frantic way, demanded proof. I obliged, but took my time, because for the time being, it quieted him. Eventually I showed him a passage in the last book of Daniel, dealing with people being "made white" after repenting. He didn't really accept it as corrolary, and that's fine, my main object was to stop the yelling. It got me thinking: why not have a group of 20 or so apologists at these functions who keep the shouters busy? They wouldn't have to engage in angry debate, just keep the ant's running in circles.

Here's another protester, does anyone know what her shirt is referring to?

HPIM0199.jpg

It says something about Moroni's FIRST promise.

hey where do I get this free DVD??

That is just silly and slanderous. For one thing, I don't have the ability to preach that long without taking a break. And breaks happened all the time as people asked questions and voiced objections and a public dialog ensued. As for "foaming at the mouth", I can only laugh at that. Prove it. You might find me drinking some water after getting a dry mouth, but apart from that you're inserting memories of your own imagination. I'm sure you'd like to set up caricatures and demonize us, but you'd be better off posting actual video of the preaching and including all the wonderful group conversations that came about.

I will add my testimony regarding an anti-Mormon foaming at the mouth at the mall at the University of Texas at Austin back in the 1980's when I was confronting him publicly about some of the accusations he was making.

"Foaming" may not be exactly right. But he was spitting out a frothy-like substance from his mouth that was catching on his chin; some might call it "spittle" rather than "foam."

I said, "Did you know you are foaming at the mouth right now?"

He kept yelling at me.

I said, "You really are foaming at the mouth. Did you know?"

Finally, he stopped yelling long enough to wipe the spittle from his face.

All in attendance were amused.

--Consiglieri

I will add my testimony regarding an anti-Mormon foaming at the mouth at the mall at the University of Texas at Austin back in the 1980's when I was confronting him publicly about some of the accusations he was making.

"Foaming" may not be exactly right. But he was spitting out a frothy-like substance from his mouth that was catching on his chin; some might call it "spittle" rather than "foam."

I said, "Did you know you are foaming at the mouth right now?"

He kept yelling at me.

I said, "You really are foaming at the mouth. Did you know?"

Finally, he stopped yelling long enough to wipe the spittle from his face.

All in attendance were amused.

--Consiglieri

I would say the "spittle" as a frothy, white substance would be the most accurate description.

Also, the DVD producers have already begun a "corrections" page, to clear up mistakes they made in the creation of the DVD, for the sake of accuracy.

http://www.goodnewsforlds.org/amendments.html

Perhaps a tally needs to be taken. After all; one mistake should prove the crux of their message false; if we follow the same level of criticism they level against the Church.

The methods of Aaron, and others like him, brings to mind an example from the Clementine Recognitions. The apostle Peter is confronting, or discussing, doctrine with a magician and known enemy to the Church, Simon Magus. Simon's methods remind me of Aarons:

Simon: â??We have no need of your peace; for if there be peace and concord, we shall not be able to make any advance towards the discovery of truthâ?¦Wherefore, do not invoke peace, but rather battle, which is the mother of peace; and if you can, exterminate errors. And do not seek for friendship obtained by unfair admissions; for this I would have you know, above all, that when two fight with each other, then there will be peace when one has been defeated and has fallen. And therefore fight as best you can, and do not expect peace without war, which is impossible; or if it can be attained, show us how.â?

He wants to debate, and loudly, and make war.

Peter responds to the challenge with some enlightening information on the methods of the early apostles of Christ:

Peter: â??For some, in the contest of disputations, when they perceive that their error is confuted, immediately begin, for the sake of making good their retreat, to create a disturbance, and to stir up strifes, that it may not be manifest to all that they are defeatedâ?¦and therefore I frequently entreat that the investigation of the matter in dispute may be conducted with all patience and quietness, so that if perchance anything seem to be not rightly spoken, it may be allowed to go back over it, and explain it more distinctly. For sometimes a thing may be spoken in one way and heard in another, while it is either advanced too obscurely, or not attended to with sufficient care; and on this account I desire that our conversation should be conducted patiently, so that neither should the one snatch it away from the other, nor should the unseasonable speech of one contradicting interrupt the speech of the other; and that we should not cherish the desire of finding fault, but that we should be allowed, as I have said, to go over again what has not been clearly enough spoken, that by fairest examination the knowledge of the truth may become clearer. [2.25]

I would say Aaron and his friends "cherish the desire of finding fault," in a very loud way.

Peter concludes:

â??Since, then, the way of God is the way of peace, let us with peace seek the things which are God's.â?

The shouting, angry approach is not indicative of the Spirit of the Prince of Peace, or of charity, the pure love of Christ.

No offense, but any thread in which aaronshaf is the main storyline would seem to be a complete waste of cyberspace... and there are some rather useless things lurking in the dark corners of cyberspace. :P

It may be a waste to contend directly with him, seeing his methods align so well with Simon Magus the magician, but it interests me to see the different methods employed by the more vocal of our critics who would dare impose their hate during a celebration of our faith in God.

It may be a waste to contend directly with him, seeing his methods align so well with Simon Magus the magician, but it interests me to see the different methods employed by the more vocal of our critics who would dare impose their hate during a celebration of our faith in God.

Yes, I understand... however, as you get to interact with aaronshaf you will understand my comment and sarcasm. Continue on.

Yes, I understand... however, as you get to interact with aaronshaf you will understand my comment and sarcasm. Continue on.

I've interacted with the preacher face to face. His contempt and anger seem much more vivid in person than on the internet, when usually you'd think it'd be the other way around.

I keep on getting the MRM website when I punch in the www. jesusnotjoseph.com link and miscellaneous other websites. Boise, Idaho near where I live in Nampa, Idaho is getting MRM folks out.

Archived