webbles Posted Thursday at 08:57 PM Posted Thursday at 08:57 PM 50 minutes ago, Calm said: If he’s not being sarcastic, but actually believes there’s an evil angel working this way…. (I suspect he is just getting even more carried away with his story). Every last person who is affected by this abuse Ballard is not exposing, but using to threaten the Church/publicize himself should sue him into oblivion. Is it legal to form a class action suit or whatever for unknown individuals to force him to put up or shut up? To expose his hypocrisy of using victims for his own benefit rather than protecting them and future victims? Any chance Ballard lives in a mandatory report state? In Utah (and Arizona and probably a bunch of other states), a victim can't sue a person for failing to report unless that person had a "duty of care" for the victim. I think it would be really difficult to show a "duty of care" in this case. But, a state prosecutor could file a lawsuit against him for failing to report and he would be liable that way. 1
smac97 Posted Thursday at 09:01 PM Posted Thursday at 09:01 PM 54 minutes ago, Calm said: Every last person who is affected by this abuse Ballard is not exposing, but using to threaten the Church/publicize himself should sue him into oblivion. Under the rubric of "mandatory reporting" laws, I assume? 54 minutes ago, Calm said: Is it legal to form a class action suit or whatever for unknown individuals to force him to put up or shut up? I really doubt it. 54 minutes ago, Calm said: To expose his hypocrisy of using victims for his own benefit rather than protecting them and future victims? This assumes he has what claims to have: evidence. I suspect he does not. 54 minutes ago, Calm said: Any chance Ballard lives in a mandatory report state? My understanding is that he still lives in Utah. Per Utah law, "if a person {} has reason to believe that a child is, or has been, the subject of abuse or neglect, or observes a child being subjected to conditions or circumstances that would reasonably result in abuse or neglect, the person shall immediately report the suspected abuse or neglect to the division or to the nearest peace officer or law enforcement agency." Apparently there is a criminal penalty for not reporting, but I assume this is very rarely enforced. I also doubt there is a "private right of action" component to this. Thanks, -Smac 1
smac97 Posted Thursday at 09:02 PM Posted Thursday at 09:02 PM 55 minutes ago, Calm said: Requested or issued by the judge? And does “against” here mean “besides”? Ballard is the only remaining defendant? Sorry, I meant "except Ballard." He is the only remaining defendant, I think. 1
Calm Posted Thursday at 09:30 PM Posted Thursday at 09:30 PM (edited) 32 minutes ago, smac97 said: Under the rubric of "mandatory reporting" laws, I assume? Identity theft, I don’t know, not a lawyer 😛 ….something must be relevant to his appropriation of their abuse for his personal gain. And fraud/defamation if he is just pretending to have it to threaten the Church or more likely in my view, drive up donations and other support….but mostly donations as he appears money hungry from that whiteboard presentation I realize this is probably a nonstarter in our legal system. Too bad imo. Edited Thursday at 09:34 PM by Calm
Calm Posted Thursday at 09:31 PM Posted Thursday at 09:31 PM (edited) NVM….brain is occupied with something else, major misread Edited Thursday at 09:32 PM by Calm
smac97 Posted Thursday at 09:54 PM Posted Thursday at 09:54 PM 22 minutes ago, Calm said: Identity theft, I don’t know, not a lawyer 😛 ….something must be relevant to his appropriation of their abuse for his personal gain. Apart from mandatory reporting requirements, I can't think of a legal issue here. I can't think of a legal claim a private party could assert against him. 22 minutes ago, Calm said: And fraud/defamation if he is just pretending to have it to threaten the Church or more likely in my view, drive up donations and other support….but mostly donations as he appears money hungry from that whiteboard presentation I realize this is probably a nonstarter in our legal system. Too bad imo. There are limits to what legal remedies are available. Thanks, -Smac
The Nehor Posted Thursday at 10:19 PM Posted Thursday at 10:19 PM 41 minutes ago, Calm said: Identity theft, I don’t know, not a lawyer 😛 ….something must be relevant to his appropriation of their abuse for his personal gain. And fraud/defamation if he is just pretending to have it to threaten the Church or more likely in my view, drive up donations and other support….but mostly donations as he appears money hungry from that whiteboard presentation No, it takes a lot to prosecute someone from profiting off actual abuse or tragedy. Alex Jones spent years actively encouraging his followers to harass the families of the victims of the Sandy Hook shootings as crisis actors and frauds before they could organize a civil case and it still isn’t over yet years late as he tries to hide money, delay the payout, and dodge responsibility. That was causing active harm. This is just trying to threaten based off of probably imaginary evidence of imaginary abuse cases Ballard hopes will garner sympathy for him as he spins a web of conspiracies supposedly closing in on him. Those still supporting him are too stupid to connect basic dots and realize that he is claiming he is sitting on evidence of active and potentially ongoing abuse and holding it close to protect himself. If he was the hero he plays in his really bad movie he would release that data to try to save the children instead of leaving them in peril to protect themselves. Assuming they actually care about abuse victims at all. 1
ttribe Posted Thursday at 10:34 PM Posted Thursday at 10:34 PM On 12/8/2025 at 12:41 PM, teddyaware said: I’ll repeat myself: If Tim Ballard is indeed guilty, the aggressive legal actions he’s taking against his accusers will almost certainly backfire and expose his criminality. The man is passionately bound and determined to have every piece of evidence brought to light, disclosed, and exposed for all the world to see. Consequently, I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s either convinced of his own innocence or he’s criminally insane. If he is ultimately exonerated, his big mistake was thinking it was a good idea to recruit women who were too emotionally delicate to convincingly play the role of the most extreme kinds of sexual perverts without realizing that they could end up being psychologically traumatized and extremely resentful that he convinced them to degrade and humiliate themselves in pursuit of a “higher good.” Still standing by this statement there, Theodore? 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now