Seriously No Politics ×

Bleeding gums and smoking

Hi,

I was suffering from tooth pain from the past 2 days... It pains a lot, particularly in the night. I have never had tooth pain before. When I consulted my dentist, he noticed my bleeding gums. He said that it is happening because of the excessive smoking habit. He advised me to stop smoking for good oral health. But I couldn't stop smoking immediately. Can anyone suggest any methods to stop my smoking habit?

Hello Mariya...

My husband and I both quit smoking at the same time because we were both heavy smokers (2 packs a day each)... after one business meeting where he smoked heavily his throat felt raw, and it really scared him so he went to the doc who told him if he didn't stop, he would really have a problem.  I was inactive in Church at the time and he was non-LDS.  I was glad we quit... I chewed Nicorettes and listened to motivational tapes on the way to work, and, said lots of prayers asking for strength.  It was not easy... but we both did it.  Fortunately, I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke now, so no longings... We quit in 1989... 30 yrs ago this year.   My hubby passed away in 1998 after surgery, a firm non-smoker.  I hope you can seriously understand how wonderful it is to be smoke free...  the many benefits to your health.  I can only encourage you to lay this at the Savior's feet and ask for strength, and keep a prayer in your heart.   Keep motivated... what motivation prompts you... I know you can do it...

GG

1 hour ago, Garden Girl said:

Hello Mariya...

My husband and I both quit smoking at the same time because we were both heavy smokers (2 packs a day each)... after one business meeting where he smoked heavily his throat felt raw, and it really scared him so he went to the doc who told him if he didn't stop, he would really have a problem.  I was inactive in Church at the time and he was non-LDS.  I was glad we quit... I chewed Nicorettes and listened to motivational tapes on the way to work, and, said lots of prayers asking for strength.  It was not easy... but we both did it.  Fortunately, I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke now, so no longings... We quit in 1989... 30 yrs ago this year.   My hubby passed away in 1998 after surgery, a firm non-smoker.  I hope you can seriously understand how wonderful it is to be smoke free...  the many benefits to your health.  I can only encourage you to lay this at the Savior's feet and ask for strength, and keep a prayer in your heart.   Keep motivated... what motivation prompts you... I know you can do it...

GG

Thank you so much

I'm not sure what kind of insurance you might have or what it might cover (or not), but:

https://www.chantix.com/?source=google&HBX_PK=s_chantix&skwid=43700037221363419&cmp=db911133-7d82-4ffd-978b-469707df4b75

And fasting and prayer never hurt, either.  You don't mention what relationship or connection you have with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but you might want to ask friends and family to fast and pray with you, as well. I wish you well.  All the best.

Edited by Kenngo1969

That’s a hard one. Understand what triggers a need to smoke, that may help. 

My gf is triggered by her husband who irritates her.  Whenever he travels she quits quite successfully.  

Its a tough habit to break but absolutely worth it in every single way. You can do this!