Seriously No Politics ×

Pocket Book of Mormon - 1908 RLDS edition

The most recent addition to my Book of Mormon collection is a nice little leatherbound pocket edition of the 1908 "Authorized Version," originally published by the RLDS.

This particular pocket edition was published in 2008 by an organization called Zion Bound. I realize the organization is not connected to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and that the RLDS chapter/verse system is quite different from the official Salt Lake City BoM. However, this little pocket edition is nicely printed and pretty nifty.

Anyone else have unusual, "unofficial" editions of the BoM that you find useful or interesting? Always curious about this topic...

7 hours ago, caspianrex said:

The most recent addition to my Book of Mormon collection is a nice little leatherbound pocket edition of the 1908 "Authorized Version," originally published by the RLDS.

This particular pocket edition was published in 2008 by an organization called Zion Bound. I realize the organization is not connected to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and that the RLDS chapter/verse system is quite different from the official Salt Lake City BoM. However, this little pocket edition is nicely printed and pretty nifty.

Anyone else have unusual, "unofficial" editions of the BoM that you find useful or interesting? Always curious about this topic...

I personally don't see the need for differing versions.
It's not like there are translation options.  I suppose layout and footnotes might provide a bit differing information.  But the text is as Joseph provided it.   I see little purpose in differing editions.

With the Bible it's different.  I like to look at interlinear texts to see what the original words used were.  Because all the translations render them differently and change the meaning.

9 hours ago, caspianrex said:

Here's list of what I have in my collection:

http://latterdaysainthaven.com/rare_books/rare_books.htm

2 hours ago, JAHS said:

Here's list of what I have in my collection:

http://latterdaysainthaven.com/rare_books/rare_books.htm

Very impressive!

I'm not LDS, but this is what my LDS Library currently looks like:

1 [The Book of Mormon] (Deseret Alphabet version) Blue Paperback, transcribed by John H. Jenkins 2015
2 A Companion to Your Study of the Doctrines and Covenants Paperback, by Daniel H. Ludlow (Vols. 1 & 2) 1978
3 A Complete Concordance of the Book of Mormon Burgundy hardcover, by George Reynolds 1973
4 A New Approach to Studying the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ Blue softcover; organized by events, emphasizing narrators, speakers, locations, dates and quoted passages; ed. by Lynn A. Rosenvall & David L. Rosenvall (2013 BOM text) 2018
5 A Topical Guide to the Scriptures of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Black hardcover, topical index to Standard Works 1977
6 Annotated Edition of the Book of Mormon Large blue hardcover w/ 2 marker ribbons; edited by David Hocking and Rod Meldrum 2018
7 Book of Mormon Hardcover 1830 facsimile edition, from Nauvoo Mercantile 1830 (reprint)
8 Book of Mormon (pocket edition) Leatherbound pocket edition of 1908 Authorized Edition (published by ZionBound) 2008
9 Book of Mormon, Seminary Student Study Guide Paperback, prepared by the Church Educational System 2000
10 Book of Mormon, Student Manual Paperback (Religion 121 and 122) 1996
11 Book of Mormon: 1830 Edition Brown hardcover, Grandin Artisans facsimile ed. 1830 (reprint)
12 Book of Mormon: Authorized Version Black hardcover, published by RLDS 1992
13 Book of Mormon: Revised Authorized Version Black hardcover, published by RLDS (copyright renewed 1994) 1966
14 Church History in the Fulness of Times, Student Manual Paperack (Religion 341 through 343) 2003
15 Doctrine and Covenants, Student Manual Paperback 1981
16 Gospel Principles Paperback 2009
17 Holy Bible, King James Version Black leather, regular size 1979
18 Holy Bible, King James Version Brown leather, regular size 1979
19 Holy Bible, King James Version Brown leather, regular size (newer copy) 1979
20 Holy Bible, King James Version White leather in zipper case, previously owned by Carol F. Capps; specially bound for Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Daints; distributed by The Deseret Book Company (Missionary edition) --
21 Holy Bible, King James Version Blue leather, regular size, thumb indexed (1979 edition) 1983
22 Holy Bible, King James Version Brown leather, large print edition 1979
23 Holy Bible, King James Version Burgundy paperback, regular size 1979
24 Holy Bible, King James Version Blue paperback, large print edition 2013
25 Holy Bible, King James Version Blue paperback, thinline free edition, no notes 2000
26 Holy Bible/The Book of Mormon/Doctrine & Covenants/Pearl of Great Price Teal leather quad combo in matching case 1979
27 Holy Bible/The Book of Mormon/Doctrine & Covenants/Pearl of Great Price Burgundy imitation leather quad combo (thumb indexed), 2013 version 2013
28 Holy Scriptures: Inspired Version Black hardcover, published by Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (RLDS) 1974
29 Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Green hardcover hymnal, second edition 1998
30 Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Blue leather, pocket size edition 1985
31 Mormon America: The Power and the Promise Paperback, by Richard & Joan Ostling 2007
32 Mormons Under the Microscope Paperback, by Ed D. Lauritsen, PhD 2010
33 The New Covenants: The Book of Mormon Hardcover, "Restoration Edition" 2019
34 Revelations in Context Paperback 2016
35 Santa Biblia/Libro de Mormon/Doctrina y Convenios/Perla de Gran Precio Burgundy leather thumb-indexed quad, Spanish language edition 2015
36 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Brigham Young Paperback 1997
37 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: David O. McKay Paperback 2003
38 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Ezra Taft Benson Paperback 2014
39 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith Paperback 2011
40 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley Paperback 2016
41 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: John Taylor Paperback 2001
42 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph F. Smith Paperback 1998
43 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith Paperback  
44 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith Spiral bound 2007
45 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith Paperback 2007
46 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Lorenzo Snow Paperback 2012
47 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Spencer W. Kimball Paperback 2006
48 Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Wilford Woodruff Paperback 2004
49 Teachings of Thomas S. Monson Paperback 2011
50 The Book of Mormon Burgundy paperback w/ Moroni on cover (1920 text) 1950
51 The Book of Mormon Blue paperback w/ Moroni on cover (1920 text) 1978
52 The Book of Mormon Paperback, Penguin Classics version of 1840 edition 2008
53 The Book of Mormon Blue hardcover w/ Moroni on cover (1920 text) 1980
54 The Book of Mormon Blue hardcover, large print, illustrated (1920 text) 1962
55 The Book of Mormon (Red letter) Black leather edition, published by Bickertonites, Monongahela PA, 4th ed. 2001
56 The Book of Mormon Study Guide: Start to Finish Paperback, by Thomas R. Valletta 2015
57 The Book of Mormon: A Reader's Edition Paperback, 1920 text edited by Grant Hardy 2005
58 The Book of Mormon: A Reader's Edition Hardcover, 1920 text edited by Grant Hardy 2003
59 The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ Blue hardcover (1981 text) 1987
60 The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ Blue paperback (2013 text) 2013
61 The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ Blue paperback (1981 text) 1981
62 The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ Blue paperback (1981 text, prev. owned by Wood family) 1981
63 The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ Hardcover, Doubleday edition (1981 text) 2004
64 The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ Burgundy paperback pocket size edition ("Beware False Prophets!") 1981 text 1990
65 The Book of Mormon: Maxwell Institute Study Edition Paperback, ed. by Grant Hardy (2013 text) 2018
66 The Book of Mormon: Restored Covenant Edition Black bonded leather, published by Zarahemla Research Foundation 2009
67 The Book of Mormon: Selections Annotated & Explained Paperback, annotations by Jana Riess, foreword by Phyllis Tickle 2005
68 The Book of Mormon: The Earliest Text Hardcover, Yale edition edited by Royal Skousen 1999
69 The Book of Mormon: Journal Edition Brown paperback 2013
70 The Book of Mormon: Journal Edition Blue paperback w/ 2 light blue ribbon markers 2013
71 The Book of Mormon/Doctrine & Covenants/Pearl of Great Price Blue paperback, Triple combo, large print 1981
72 The Book of Mormon/Doctrine & Covenants/Pearl of Great Price Suede handmade cover (re-bind) w/ 2 ribbon markers, thumb-indexed 1981
73 The Book of Mormon/Doctrine & Covenants/Pearl of Great Price Black leather, Triple combo, regular size 2013
74 The Book of Mormon/Doctrine & Covenants/Pearl of Great Price Brown leather, triple combo, regular size 1981
75 The Book of Mormon/Doctrine & Covenants/Pearl of Great Price White triple combo, in white zipper case, formerly owned by Carol F. Capps 1974
76 The Mormon Experience: A History of the Latter-day Saints Hardcover w/ dust jacket, by Leonard J. Arrington & Davis Bitton 1979
77 The Mormonizing of America Hardcover, by Stephen Mansfield (signed by author) 2012
78 The Stick of Joseph in the Hand of Ephraim Hardcover, Hebraicized Book of Mormon adaptation 2019
79 The Stick of Joseph in the Hand of Ephraim Black goatskin leather edition 2019
80 The Timechart History of Mormonism Large fold-out book by Christopher Kendall Bigelow 2007
81 КНИГА МОРМОНА [Book of Mormon in Russian] Blue hardcover, Russian translation 1982
82 Mormons: An Open Book Large paperback, by Anthony Sweat 2012
83 Holy Scriptures of the Restoration JST Bible/Book of Mormon/Doctrine & Covenants, published by RLDS Church 1974

84 Saints: The Standard of Truth Volume 1 of The Story of the Church of Jesus Christ in the Latter Days 2018
85 Saints: No Unhallowed Hand Volume 2 of The Story of the Church of Jesus Christ in the Latter Days 2020
Edited by caspianrex
Forgot two items on spreadsheet