I'll just leave this here.

On 5/5/2021 at 5:53 PM, Calm said:

He has a very polished, but engaging manner.  A great lecturer.  Substantive even if brief.  Like this video as well.

https://youtu.be/f7TtWMtVcVw

Another one of my favorites.

I'm a bit racist. And so are you. - YouTube

This guy is good, I could see the subtle jab at contemporary atheists, many do gravitate to the likes of Richard Dawkins and little else, I doubt many have even read Origin of Species.  This is why I'm not an atheist either, besides my own experiences I've read some of the great theologians works, that kinda put me in my place.  It's one thing to be an edgy teenager arguing with privileged suburbanites who know little to nothing of Christian doctrine, it's another to try that with a pro.

Will add, many LDS leaders do the same, your leadership is a blessing to the LDS church and the world.  

On 5/6/2021 at 12:21 AM, poptart said:

We need more of this in this country.  Want us to listen to your beliefs?  Be like this guy. 

Thanks so much for posting this! This guy is really interesting -- subscribed and watching a few more of his videos.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

Thanks so much for posting this! This guy is really interesting -- subscribed and watching a few more of his videos.

Here's a few more.  I like Jesuits and Dominicans but come on, everyone loves franciscans.

Why Care for the Environment? (Laudato Si Explained) - YouTube

How Franciscans Invented Pawnshops - YouTube

I have a feeling when everything's said and done Rome will be one of the few left standing amongst the rubble of what's left of the offshoots.  With how this year's been shaping up, there's this voice in the back of my head that's saying to just say screw it, go to confession and just call it good.  I have misgivings with a lot of the more conservative American elements but the Catholic church still makes room for all.  Deznat isn't sitting well with me, as far as I am considering my background its stuff like that which made me withdraw from a lot of the stuff I used to be affiliated with last year.  I know things are going to get worse, I doubt the divisions we've seen will go away for at least a few decades.  Know the more privileged out there will disagree with me, my retort has always been lets see how bad their children/grandchildren will get that.  I know better than to say that IRL too, easy way to invoke karen/ken rage.  2020 will be the year that really made me hold up Catholic clergy in the highest regard because of stuff like this.  If this gets locked for politics so be it.  Considering so many privileged people who got to work from home spouted the nastiest stuff I've seen in a while on social media and are now worried about being dox'd, these people had the guts to stand up for what's right.  

In defense of St Damien of Molokai - YouTube

Fr Stephen Schumacher Defends Statue of St. Louis - YouTube

Edited by poptart