23 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Im visiting the beautiful island of Kauai this month - working from here is not a burden to be sure.

There are strict guidelines for traveling here, and as a result, there is a certain experience of freedom and safety once you arrive.  We still wear masks in public but the anxiety is gone for me.  So much activity is done outside anyway.  

We are visiting our children who live and work here full time.  These kids are not members of the church any longer, and I was worried that as mainlanders they would have a difficult time making friends but I've been proven wrong (happily)  - they have made amazing friends here and have a family away from home.  We had dinner with some friends at a home that was actually featured a few years ago in Architectural Digest - I've never seen a more beautiful setting. 

I want to share that the world is a very big place. I've learned a lot, after leaving my quarantine space of a year to spread my wings a bit and appreciate this beautiful place God created 

I've seen or heard that rental cars are a $1000 a day? It was on the news a couple of weeks ago. 

4 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I've seen or heard that rental cars are a $1000 a day? It was on the news a couple of weeks ago. 

I don't know if that's true or not, but there's always Uber. ;)

Aloha, MustardSeed! :D

Thats a lot of money.  We reserved our car long before the rush - we had insider info on when the quarantine was going to be eliminated.  Covid shut down tourism here obviously, so cars got shipped out.  Now that they need the cars, they aren't quite ready and available.  I wouldn't be surprised if we dodged quite a bullet with housing and cars - 

On 4/21/2021 at 3:31 AM, Kenngo1969 said:

Yes.  Very complicated process to get here - and it's important that all travelers once they are here show respect for an entire island of residents who have enjoyed the island and all it has to offer, without obnoxious tourists for a full year.  We are doing our best to show respect, wear our masks, and be polite.  

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Yes.  Very complicated process to get here - and it's important that all travelers once they are here show respect for an entire island of residents who have enjoyed the island and all it has to offer, without obnoxious tourists for a full year.  We are doing our best to show respect, wear our masks, and be polite.  

Good for you.  I hope you enjoy your visit. :)