Seriously No Politics ×

The LDS gospel of eternal progression-

Neighbor

Guest johnny_cat
What is your point ... by eating the fruit they disobeyed their Father.

Yep, and they also became as the gods, knowing good and evil (see Genesis 3:22).

To be like God, they had to know the difference between good and evil. The way they learned this was by partaking of the fruit.

Guest johnny_cat
Yep, they become as the gods but without God ... to attain wisdom men are to ask God.

Who mentioned wisdom? We are talking about knowledge of good and evil, which according to Genesis is one of the attributes of God. Are you suggesting that we can be "as one of us [God]" without God? In what sense?

johnny_cat writes,

Who mentioned wisdom? We are talking about knowledge of good and evil, which according to Genesis is one of the attributes of God. Are you suggesting that we can be "as one of us [God]" without God? In what sense?

Wisdom can include the knowledge of good and evil. I am suggesting we can be like God if ask God for wisdom.

Guest johnny_cat
Wisdom can include the knowledge of good and evil. I am suggesting we can be like God if ask God for wisdom.

You are also suggesting, it would seem, that one can be like God through disobedience, albeit with the consequence of death.

Guest johnny_cat
I am not suggesting that. Jesus is our example. He obeyed his Father's commands.

What does it mean to you to "become as one of us, knowning good and evil"?

Yes. Life would have ceased.

Eve would have died and Adam would be left alone without any means of reproducing. Adam chose to remain with his wite thus obeying Gods command to "multiply and replenish the earth". Thus Showing his will to obey God... Eve on the other hand got placed under Adam because she showed she would disobey.

Did you read what Paul said In 1 Tim 2:14.

You just disagreed with him. :P

From what we read in Moses, there have been many worlds with Adams and Eves. I'm sure many of those worlds they did not fall into a telestial state of death and entropy. Instead of listen to Satan - I'd bet most took the question to the God. What was the question? Father, our brother says that we must eat of the fruit of knowledge to become more like thee and that we will not surely die - what would be thy will? In such worlds the outcome would be totally different.

Before God gives us further light and knowledge, or gives us access to greater commandments (which will bring greater blessings), we all have to pass through trials of temptation.

Zakuska writes,

You just disagreed with him.

I agree with him ... and you would agree that

Rom 5

12Wherefore, as y one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Emaughn,

So how does this play into the Idea that Christ attoned for all these other planets as well?

If it where a case... of simply asking God for more knowledge... A savior would not have needed to be sent.

Or was Eve having a blonde moment?

Yes I would agree Johnny, but you where saying life would not have ceased, and it would have because Eve ate the fruit.

Thus Adam was put in a bind... Which commandment should I obey...

"Dont eat the fruit and be imortally alone for eternity. thus disobeying Gods command to multiply with the woman he gave me."

Or...

"Eat the fruit and Multiply with the woman God gave me thus obeying Gods command and disobeying the other."

Adam Chose life.

Since the other command of eating the fruit had already been broken... Technically Adam didnt sin. Because he ate the Fruit with the mind of obeying the other commandment of the Lord. Thus, demonstrating his willingness to obey God.

Archived