'Last Date' This Thread Will 'Date' Many of You!

Each day, my wife and I watch our youngest of nine grandchildren, while her parents work. They currently live with us, while saving to buy their own first home. Every day, sometimes more than a few, our 21 month old granddaughter, “Brooklyn”, insists on dancing with her Papa, (me) to the music of “Last Date”, by Floyd Cramer. I used to dance with my Nanny (grandmother), and my Mama, to this song when I was very young. 

How many here grew up or remember this song, from your youth? In our family, it has always been and is becoming a multi-generational tradition. As Papa has danced with all seven granddaughters so far, to this tune. Anyway, thought I would share after my second dance today. 

3 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

Each day, my wife and I watch our youngest of nine grandchildren, while her parents work. They currently live with us, while saving to buy their own first home. Every day, sometimes more than a few, our 21 month old granddaughter, “Brooklyn”, insists on dancing with her Papa, (me) to the music of “Last Date”, by Floyd Cramer. I used to dance with my Nanny (grandmother), and my Mama, to this song when I was very young. 

How many here grew up or remember this song, from your youth? In our family, it has always been and is becoming a multi-generational tradition. As Papa has danced with all seven granddaughters so far, to this tune. Anyway, thought I would share after my second dance today. 

Teach those little ones Papa. Sure. I hear the tinkling of the keys now. I like my parents stuff...my kids do too...my oldest son, born twenty five years after Camelot, who has a good bass voice (also a cop, like you) recently sent me a text/video of Robert Goulet singing this:

I was a teenager when that song was popular, and loved it... A lot of times I'll watch those commercials for music, i.e., "from the 60's" etc etc. where they play snippets from all the popular songs and offer collections for sale... I sing right along... so many good memories...

GG