Calm Posted August 2, 2018 Posted August 2, 2018 (edited) 26 minutes ago, mfbukowski said: Incredible Temple Name Announcement Today I thought maybe they named a temple "Ralph". "The Ralph temple will be built in Big Nose Saskatchewan" Now THAT would be an incredible Temple Name announcement! I vote for the Punkydoodles Corner temple: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punkeydoodles_Corners alternative since you are into Big Nose.... Mosquito Grizzly Bears Head Lean Man reserve https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito-Grizzly_Bear's_Head-Lean_Man Edited August 2, 2018 by Calm 1
Bernard Gui Posted August 2, 2018 Author Posted August 2, 2018 (edited) 20 hours ago, Duncan said: http://amateurmormonhistorian.blogspot.com/2008/07/cane-creek-massacre.html Here is a phenomenal blog, that I follow, from a fellow in TN, he has a ton of good information! Yes. He’s a great guy. I have corresponded with him about this event. Do you post on his blog? He wrote an excellent book documenting the massacre and how it affected the participants on both sides. Bruce Crow. A Land of Strangers: Cane Creek Tennessee’s Massacre and it’s Tragic Effects on the People Who Lived There. AMH Press, 2013. Also, another book by Donald R. Curtis. “and should we die” The Cane Creek Mormon Massacre. Bear Head Publishing, 2011. Quite a story! Edited August 2, 2018 by Bernard Gui 2
Bernard Gui Posted August 2, 2018 Author Posted August 2, 2018 (edited) 10 hours ago, Calm said: I vote for the Punkydoodles Corner temple: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punkeydoodles_Corners alternative since you are into Big Nose.... Mosquito Grizzly Bears Head Lean Man reserve https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito-Grizzly_Bear's_Head-Lean_Man Or Toad Suck AR and Toad Suck TN. Here in WA we have Humptulips. Edited August 2, 2018 by Bernard Gui
Duncan Posted August 2, 2018 Posted August 2, 2018 7 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said: Or Toad Suck AR and Toad Suck TN. Here in WA we have Humptulips. are there any photos of where this took place? unless I missed it I can't seem to find where the massacre happened
Bernard Gui Posted August 2, 2018 Author Posted August 2, 2018 7 hours ago, Duncan said: are there any photos of where this took place? unless I missed it I can't seem to find where the massacre happened There are no buildings from the events that are standing. I don't know how to upload photos here. Do you?
Duncan Posted August 3, 2018 Posted August 3, 2018 24 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said: There are no buildings from the events that are standing. I don't know how to upload photos here. Do you? i've tried a million times but no such luck
Bernard Gui Posted August 3, 2018 Author Posted August 3, 2018 18 hours ago, Duncan said: i've tried a million times but no such luck There are a couple of old photos in the two books I mentioned above, but they are small and poor quality. I have some photos of the cemeteries. I found this house for sale in just about the right spot. Click on the photo for a close up map. Grampa's store was on the intersection of DePriest Branch Road and Farmers Exchange Road. The DePriest families lived along the DePriest Branch Road. The events of the massacre took place to the west of there, perhaps someplace near Cotham Hollow and Murray Hollow. I'm not sure anyone knows the exact location of the Conder home. https://www.trulia.com/p/tn/hohenwald/200-depriest-branch-rd-hohenwald-tn-38462--2041479910#lil-mapViewTab 2
Alan Posted August 6, 2018 Posted August 6, 2018 On 7/30/2018 at 1:45 PM, Duncan said: I know, not personally, one of the elders that escaped out the back door was asked to serve a mission in the mid to late 1890's and was told he could go anywhere he wanted and he chose England. Probably because England was a land of religious liberty. 1
Duncan Posted August 6, 2018 Posted August 6, 2018 4 hours ago, Alan said: Probably because England was a land of religious liberty. or better food🍽️
Alan Posted August 6, 2018 Posted August 6, 2018 3 hours ago, Duncan said: or better food🍽️ Good point. Fish & Chips is a very popular dish with missionaries. Yeah... must have been the food. 2
Recommended Posts