Popular Post rockpond Posted March 22, 2018 Popular Post Posted March 22, 2018 (edited) Perhaps we can take a break from some of the problems... Can we all agree that the Church sure knows how to do powerful and meaningful social media campaigns for Easter and Christmas? I'm always impressed. Edited March 22, 2018 by rockpond 5
Jeanne Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 (edited) Beautiful. Edited March 22, 2018 by Jeanne
Nevo Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 (edited) It's recycled from 2014, but it's a good one. Edited March 22, 2018 by Nevo 1
rockpond Posted March 22, 2018 Author Posted March 22, 2018 1 minute ago, Nevo said: It's recycled from 2014, but it's a good one. It seemed familiar but worth watching/sharing a few more times!
rockpond Posted March 22, 2018 Author Posted March 22, 2018 Just now, Bill "Papa" Lee said: I like it, but is it new? It has a "posted" date of 3/22/18. But I think Nevo is probably correct. 1
cinepro Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 50 minutes ago, Nevo said: It's recycled from 2014, but it's a good one. I think in this case, we can say it was resurrected from 2014. 1
CV75 Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 2 hours ago, rockpond said: Perhaps we can take a break from some of the problems... Can we all agree that the Church sure knows how to do powerful and meaningful social media campaigns for Easter and Christmas? I'm always impressed. I'm always wary of how sophisticated media can manipulate the thoughts and emotions, even when the subject at hand is as sacred and as positive as this. I have not been so immune to the written word, spoken testimony or prayer, and these are where I get my deepest spiritual impressions. Videos and music often confirm what I already know and prompt what I've already felt before, but I've never found them to be converting influences. Hopefully those sensitive souls who are more affected than I am by these productions also get their roots set into regular religious practice that fosters internal interactions and strengthening with the Spirit.
rockpond Posted March 23, 2018 Author Posted March 23, 2018 2 hours ago, CV75 said: I'm always wary of how sophisticated media can manipulate the thoughts and emotions, even when the subject at hand is as sacred and as positive as this. I have not been so immune to the written word, spoken testimony or prayer, and these are where I get my deepest spiritual impressions. Videos and music often confirm what I already know and prompt what I've already felt before, but I've never found them to be converting influences. Hopefully those sensitive souls who are more affected than I am by these productions also get their roots set into regular religious practice that fosters internal interactions and strengthening with the Spirit. I assume the videos are intended to prompt study, prayer, and pondering in members. Or prompt non-Christians to investigate further.
Anakin7 Posted March 23, 2018 Posted March 23, 2018 I have thought this for years now The LDS Church needs to update the pictures they use to illustrate Jesus Christ, we have been using Catholic pictures of him [not knocking Catholicism] but we need to upgrade seriously in my opinion. Just my Thoughts. The Atonement It Is The Central Doctrine Washing My Garment In His Blood In His Eternal Debt/Grace Anakin7
CV75 Posted March 23, 2018 Posted March 23, 2018 11 hours ago, rockpond said: I assume the videos are intended to prompt study, prayer, and pondering in members. Or prompt non-Christians to investigate further. I'm sure they are. I realize I'm probably an outlier; I never thought of them as motivators, and I'm not sure how I would respond to them as a potential investigator. I will say that when my father brought home a big folder of large movie stills from the NYC world premiere of "The Greatest Story Ever Told" (I was too young to go to a movie that long; my older siblings went), I was deeply impressed though I thought it was literally a "story" (while nominally Christian, we didn't have much religious education in our home). I had a couple of earlier positive experiences with the little exposure I had to religion, and this added to it. Interestingly enough though, I had also seen the Church's "Man's Search for Happiness" at the New York World's Fair (1964), though I did not think or remember this until i recognized it many years later as a missionary (I converted in college) when I came across it among our filmstrips. I also recalled, once seeing it again as an investigator, finding the "Joseph Smith's Testimony" pamphlet while rummaging through my father's coat pockets at that same time (of the world's fair), and feeling somewhat impressed (exactly about what, I didn't know) when reading the back panel. So those are two cases where the Church media contributed to my conversion after all!
Recommended Posts