bsjkki Posted June 14, 2017 Posted June 14, 2017 Does your ward have scout committee meetings? How often? Are they necessary?
bluebell Posted June 14, 2017 Posted June 14, 2017 We have them, I think about once a month. I've never been to one.
bsjkki Posted June 14, 2017 Author Posted June 14, 2017 11 minutes ago, bluebell said: We have them, I think about once a month. I've never been to one. Thanks!
strappinglad Posted June 15, 2017 Posted June 15, 2017 (edited) An active Scout committee will usually make for a much better scouting experience for the boys. The load can be spread much wider and ease the requirements on the scout leaders. It can also keep the program from devolving into just a sports night. Edited June 15, 2017 by strappinglad 2
Rain Posted June 16, 2017 Posted June 16, 2017 We have them once a month. I'm not invited to them. Well, when I showed up the first time because as a wolf den leader I thought I was supposed to go they told me I didn't need to.
bsjkki Posted June 18, 2017 Author Posted June 18, 2017 I was surprised that my ward had not had a scout committee meeting in a very long time (many years). I thought monthly committee meetings were normal. While I'm not a scouting lover, I do have concerns the changes in the young men's program could deteriorate the quality (sometimes already low) of the scouting program further. The boys age 11-13 still need a strong program at these critical ages. From my past experience, a strong scout committee produces a better run troop with better communication between leaders and parents and between the 11-year-olds and the rest of the troop.
Recommended Posts