Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

D&C 132 (Revelation on Polygamy)


Recommended Posts

Posted
13 hours ago, JulieM said:

 What other indication or record do we have for the reference to an 1831 revelation?  Did Joseph ever mention that date?  I'm just curious where the historians or leaders get that year to name.  If not the Phelp's reference for that year, what other record gives that year?  

What are the "other accounts" you mention above?

Please see Calm's link to evidence for an 1831 revelation.

Posted
On 3/18/2016 at 3:48 PM, webbles said:

But the church essay is not talking about the Phelp's letter.  It is talking about "the revelation" that was then later written down and we now know as D&C 132.

I wasn't stating that.  I was responding to JAHS posting that he hadn't seen where it was called a "revelation" (and I pointed him to the essay where it calls it a "revelation"):

On 3/18/2016 at 11:44 AM, JAHS said:

I don't see where it calls Joseph's previous knowledge about polygamy a "revelation"; it just says that the prophet was aware of the principle since 1831. 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...