Nary a peep about the terrorist attack in San Bernadino

rodheadlee

I realize it's not as sensational as the Paris attack. I guess the difference for me is my Mom lives in Redlands and travels Center st where the perps lived. I was angry with myself for living 400 miles away and could do nothing to comfort and protect her, except pray. I don't even own a gun, we can't afford one. Well we could but I wouldn't buy one unless they let me carry it everywhere I went. It's a huge responsibility, I wouldn't let it out of my sight. Anyway, don't forget to pray for the safety of your own families, we live in perilous times. If you all have any favorite verses to post, I'd be grateful because this is the way I feel right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfgD3LJ6Xb8

1 hour ago, rodheadlee said:

I realize it's not as sensational as the Paris attack. I guess the difference for me is my Mom lives in Redlands and travels Center st where the perps lived. I was angry with myself for living 400 miles away and could do nothing to comfort and protect her, except pray. I don't even own a gun, we can't afford one. Well we could but I wouldn't buy one unless they let me carry it everywhere I went. It's a huge responsibility, I wouldn't let it out of my sight. Anyway, don't forget to pray for the safety of your own families, we live in perilous times. If you all have any favorite verses to post, I'd be grateful because this is the way I feel right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfgD3LJ6Xb8

I agree, and I'm ashamed I've not done more.  Like maybe changing my FB avatar from the Paris stripes, to maybe a more encompassing message of anti terrorism. 

I felt a little foolish in temporarily changing my FB avatar to have French flag stripes.   

I have family who live near San Bernardino, too.  But it's not like they were in any danger, so I wasn't worried about them.

Rod, if you can't carry a gun, carry two or three solid metal balls, about 11/2 to 2 inches in size.  Learn to throw them accurately; pick the size that fits your hand best for accurate throwing.  If you think I am joking, I am not.  I am dead serious.  I'm not certain of the legal status of carrying a strip of leather with a pocket as a sling, but remember David vs Goliath?  The Balearic Islanders were well known for their slinging capability. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2E9lhw0Bo

Edited by Stargazer
29 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

I felt a little foolish in temporarily changing my FB avatar to have French flag stripes.   

I have family who live near San Bernardino, too.  But it's not like they were in any danger, so I wasn't worried about them.

Rod, if you can't carry a gun, carry two or three solid metal balls, about 11/2 to 2 inches in size.  Learn to throw them accurately; pick the size that fits your hand best for accurate throwing.  If you think I am joking, I am not.  I am dead serious.  I'm not certain of the legal status of carrying a strip of leather with a pocket as a sling, but remember David vs Goliath?  The Balearic Islanders were well known for their slinging capability. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2E9lhw0Bo

I watched "No Escape" last night.  About a man that took his family to a different country for his work, and they became targets in the country's unrest with what the American companies were doing in their country.  Americans were slaughtered everywhere, this family made it out alive, but they were absolutely helpless.  I know this was fiction, but made me wonder what kind of ability my family would have to defend if we were attacked, even in our own country.  That's why I want to invest in a suicide pill/pills, if it were to ever come to my family being tortured or something.  That's the only recourse I can see us having.     

Edited by Tacenda