Seriously No Politics ×

Diagnosing Cancer

She lost her job a few days before Christmas.  They were trying to get her to quit and she asked, "Why don't you fire me?"  "Because we want to give you a chance."  She said, "You're not giving me a chance if you're telling me to quit."  She just couldn't keep up, even when she worked through lunch.  She kept throwing up at work, is in pain, and fatigued.  I finally convinced her to let me start a GoFundMe site for her while she applies for disability.  It can take up to 8 months to be approved.  That's a long time to go with zero income.  She doesn't qualify for unemployment.  :(

She lost her job a few days before Christmas.  They were trying to get her to quit and she asked, "Why don't you fire me?"  "Because we want to give you a chance."  She said, "You're not giving me a chance if you're telling me to quit."  She just couldn't keep up, even when she worked through lunch.  She kept throwing up at work, is in pain, and fatigued.  I finally convinced her to let me start a GoFundMe site for her while she applies for disability.  It can take up to 8 months to be approved.  That's a long time to go with zero income.  She doesn't qualify for unemployment.  :sad:

Why doesn't she qualify for unemployment?  Even if she was fired there are exceptions. 

In Washington State, you have to have 680 hours of employment to qualify.  She hadn't worked long enough.  The job she had before that was only giving her 10 hours a week or less.  :(

RPN, I'll consider posting the link here.  My real name is attached to it.  :)