Colorado The Fittest State

Coloradans are the fittest people in the nation, according to the CDC, with the lowest obesity rate.  Congrats Colorado!  :D :D :D

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

No wonder, with all the available outdoor activities.  Hiking, skiing, cycling, and good weather to get outside almost all year around.  Also, in my observation Coloradans have a very healthy attitude toward fitness, exercise, and healthy living in general.

Louisiana has the most fatties.

It definitely helps that the weather is nice. 

With all the increased consumption of Doritos and Twinkies in the next few years, it will be interesting to see if CO holds the top spot. 

This came up on a Colorado board, and some members noted that Colorado's fatties have doubled since the early 1990s -- from around 10 percent to 20 percent currently.  No doubt, this is due to increased efficiencies in trucking Twinkies and Doritos into the state.  

Others attributed the rise to changes in methodolgy by the CDC.  It may be both. 

But compared to other states, Colorado still has the fittest, and probably most active people.  Even though the nation as a whole grows wider and heavier every year.

This came up on a Colorado board, and some members noted that Colorado's fatties have doubled since the early 1990s -- from around 10 percent to 20 percent currently.  No doubt, this is due to increased efficiencies in trucking Twinkies and Doritos into the state.  

Others attributed the rise to changes in methodolgy by the CDC.  It may be both. 

But compared to other states, Colorado still has the fittest, and probably most active people.  Even though the nation as a whole grows wider and heavier every year.

From what I have read the US has almost as many obesity related deaths as many blocs of African countries have malnutrition related deaths.

• 1 month later...

I lived most of my life in Colorado than joined the Army and have moved around since then.  I can say that compared to everywhere in the states I have lived Colorado is the most fit.  I have lived overseas more than once and Colorado would compare favorably with Europeans and Koreans.

Not only does it give one the "munchies," marijuana also makes many of its users avolitional (at least the longer term, heavy users ...)  Word of Wisdom aside, I've never understood the allure myself, but to each, his own, I guess. :unknw: