Staying Centered

EllenMaksoud

So when one one is heavily involved in service, which obligations take precedence? Do Ward level commitments come before service at Bishops Warehouse? How do Mormons prioritize these things?

Usually assignments are given by the Bishop to work at the Bishop's Storehouse. Ward callings and duties and all other service is the same...therein lies the "center".

1)  Service within stewardship, family, HT/VT, missionary work

2)   Service we are asked to do (usually ward and stake, could be callings, but maybe temple work or family history)

3)  Service neighborhood, local school,

4)  Service to specific people over service to organizations.

5)  Service involving food and shelter and children, over service in areas less pressing.

But the biggest determinant should be service that we have confirm is what our Heavenly Father wants us to be spending our time at the moment.

1)  Service within stewardship, family, HT/VT, missionary work

2)   Service we are asked to do (usually ward and stake, could be callings, but maybe temple work or family history)

3)  Service neighborhood, local school,

4)  Service to specific people over service to organizations.

5)  Service involving food and shelter and children, over service in areas less pressing.

But the biggest determinant should be service that we have confirm is what our Heavenly Father wants us to be spending our time at the moment.

Thank you. That is my first test when deciding what to do each day because there are no distractions in my life, like family, employment and sports. :) Since Tuesday it has been bedlam, and it will not ease up until Sunday evening. After seeing what it takes to get people to get along, it is obvious that not being endowed a blessing. :) This way I can just peacefully work away in the background, and not have to grit my teeth and bite my tongue. Should endowment ever come up, perhaps I should decline it.