Completely Misunderstood The Mormon Church.

EllenMaksoud

It usually feels like a light has come on when I get a revelation from God.  Sometimes in hindsight I wish God would have bashed me on the head to get something through to me, though.  Now I suppose you'll always remember that and never forget it.

Never really considered head bashing as true love and concern. ;)

I hope that I do not get in trouble for this. Mormons are reticent to proselytize Muslims out of concern for their welfare.  While many of the Ev proselytize anyone and if they get hurt and die, then they died for "the cause of Jesus Christ". I now feel that Mormons are cautious out of genuine concern and love, while the others ...

I'm curious as to why you mention "Mormons" in particular?

Are you so bashed when any person acts out of such love?

Sorry to say this, but I was Ev for 32 years. The idea that they would respond to me in love in my present state is ludicrous.  They didn't like it that I sinned, and rather than use the words of Paul to shun but eventually restore... Then they hated me more when I became Muslim, but they really hated me when I became Mormon. Notice that at no time did I use the word love in connection with any Ev that I had contact with. Some Evangelical cultures are hate and insecurity based, and I think that is because if they keep the membership looking at the weaknesses of others, then they do not have to confront their own weakness.

People in general are wonderful. A lot of evangelicals will say "people are basically bad," but I disagree. Seeing the beautiful things I've seen people do for each other, I just can't believe that. Yes, we as a species are capable of violence and hatred, but I think there's something beautiful and divine within each of us.

I hope that I do not get in trouble for this. Mormons are reticent to proselytize Muslims out of concern for their welfare.  While many of the Ev proselytize anyone and if they get hurt and die, then they died for "the cause of Jesus Christ". I now feel that Mormons are cautious out of genuine concern and love, while the others ...

I don't believe you'd be in trouble. Yes we believe we have the truth(Name me a religion that doesn't). However we don't knowingly put people in danger of physical harm. God takes everything into account, and no one, be they Christian, Jew, Muslim, what have you, (Including governments) is going to stop him from doing that.