Saying No

Glenn101

Hmmm...

I just got back from a "birthday vacation" for the one year old. So far Grandpa hasn't had to submit to "grandparent abuse". But I suppose my day is coming too. Thanks for the laugh, Glenn. God bless you and yours.

Rory

All of my parental sins are beginning to return onto me via that seven year old. When I wanted to discipline my kids, I would make them watch "Captain Apache," starring Lee Van Cleef, which has to be maybe the worst western flick ever made. After one turn of that, just the threat of having to sit through it again was enough to at least partially modify undesireable (from my perspective) behavior.

Now I have to watch "Ratz" and "The Junior Detective Agency". To my eternal shame, probably eternal damnation, I have to admit that I actually find "Ratz" to be funny.

That is why I just cannot get too overly excited by the furor about ordaining women to the  priesthood or other such current topics. I have my hands full. After raising seven or eight and sometimes nine children, somewhat successively, who would have thought one seven year old could cause so much havoc.???

Edited by Glenn101

All of my parental sins are beginning to return onto me via that seven year old. When I wanted to discipline my kids, I would make them watch "Captain Apache," starring Lee Van Cleef, which has to be maybe the worst western flick ever made. After one turn of that, just the threat of having to sit through it again was enough to at least partially modify undesireable (from my perspective) behavior.

Now I have to watch "Ratz" and "The Junior Detective Agency". To my eternal shame, probably eternal damnation, I have to admit that I actually find "Ratz" to be funny.

That is why I just cannot get too overly excited by the furor about ordaining women to the priesthood or other such current topics. I have my hands full. After raising seven or eight and sometimes nine children, somewhat successively, who would have thought one seven year old could cause so much havoc.???

That's creative parenting, wish I had thought of that! I can think of quite a few movies that would be torture to sit through.

So are you raising your 7 yr. old granddaughter? If you don't mind me asking.

And luckily summer weather is over, no sandles or flip flops to expose those sharpie painted toenails. :)

That's creative parenting, wish I had thought of that! I can think of quite a few movies that would be torture to sit through.

So are you raising your 7 yr. old granddaughter? If you don't mind me asking.

And luckily summer weather is over, no sandles or flip flops to expose those sharpie painted toenails. :)

Yes, I am raising the grandaughter. It is a sad story about her mother, the reason why she is not allowed to be around her without supervision. Her father lives with us, but he has pretty much abdicated his parental responsibilities.

As for your last line, I am afraid the jig is up. I have to see my doctor today, as I am trying to get a prescription for orthotic shoes. Now I will probably be arrested for being the cause of the doctor dying, laughing.

Glenn

Yes, I am raising the grandaughter. It is a sad story about her mother, the reason why she is not allowed to be around her without supervision. Her father lives with us, but he has pretty much abdicated his parental responsibilities.

As for your last line, I am afraid the jig is up. I have to see my doctor today, as I am trying to get a prescription for orthotic shoes. Now I will probably be arrested for being the cause of the doctor dying, laughing.

Glenn

Oh, it'll make the doctor's day! BTW, my sister and her husband are raising their 5 yr. old granddaughter, from birth practically! And just this year they adopted her. My sister turns 60 in December. I hope and pray that she'll not have old age kick in anytime soon. She is 7 yrs. older than her husband so that'll help. She might be predisposed to getting Alzheimer's, it runs in my family, so that's a worry. I give you all so much credit!