New Zealand...tell Me What I Am Missing

Calm

So my husband just got headhunted (modern style) from New Zealand. My heart is breaking because the timing is off, I have to stay here for my parents....otherwise I could so see being down there for 5 to 10 years if we could manage son's family coming out for a month to stay each year like we used to do with my grandparents.

So anyone who knows anything, what is Palmerston North like? Beautiful mountains and beaches both with a few hours or less (my dream location has both preferably as views out different sides of my home) as it looks like on googlemaps?

So my husband just got headhunted (modern style) from New Zealand. My heart is breaking because the timing is off, I have to stay here for my parents....otherwise I could so see being down there for 5 to 10 years if we could manage son's family coming out for a month to stay each year like we used to do with my grandparents.

So anyone who knows anything, what is Palmerston North like? Beautiful mountains and beaches both with a few hours or less (my dream location has both preferably as views out different sides of my home) as it looks like on googlemaps?

From what I know a very peaceful place and people. I hope I am not out of line, but being together is more important than anything.

From what I know a very peaceful place and people. I hope I am not out of line, but being together is more important than anything.

That's what we think too....we could never move there permanently.