Fao Admin

Hi guys don't know how to contact you guys personally, but I received an email today in my inbox containing anti-mormon literature. As there's only 2 sites that I use that are LDS based and this is one of them I am contacting both to let them know of the occurrence. Please contact me via message if you'd like further details.

Sorry I can't find an Admin list to contact you guys off board.

Hi guys don't know how to contact you guys personally, but I received an email today in my inbox containing anti-mormon literature. As there's only 2 sites that I use that are LDS based and this is one of them I am contacting both to let them know of the occurrence. Please contact me via message if you'd like further details.

I sent you a Personal Message telling how to do it... I think you've passed the required number of posts to now be able to send PMs. off board...

GG

In a PM here or your personal e-mail? If you personal e-mail, that is odd and out of line. If a member of this board...block them, or take them to task.

It was actually in my email...and feeling a bit of an idiot actually.

It was from a member of the ward I've just started attending again and wasn't actually anti but pro...I'd just skimmed through the opening lines and saw the words 'christian ministers' 'trial' & 'prove the church wrong' stopped reading & assumed the worst. It was actually an article called "In Defence of Truth" and is about 2 LDS missionaries proving the church true only using the Bible in a courtroom style setting. I didn't recognise the name on the header because I know the person as 'Bro. Smith' and when I read from 'Jonathan Smith' didn't recognise it.

**off looking for the embarrassed emoticon**

Ah, familiar with it...and not particularly fond of it either. The idea has been turned into a video, I find the whole premise inappropriate, one cannot prove religious faith in a court of law unless the laws are stacked in one's favour and in that case, it's already a given and proves nothing except that the law was written that way.

The idea behind it is that one can prove the Church true through rational and logical means....which is not possible unless one stacks the deck. One can demonstrate there is valid evidence sufficient to allow for belief, not proof...that is a personal witness of the Spirit and not something to be demonstrated publicly in a court of law no matter how entertaining and satisfying the idea might be.

Edited by calmoriah