Major New Upgrade To Gospel Library App

19nazzy

Not complete until they get 3.0 for Android. Many of us are not slaves to Apple.

Especially since Android now has 75% of the worldwide smartphone market share and Apple only has 15%. At some point developers will start targeting Android first, but that hasn't happened yet. The delay in release time between the two platforms has decreased substantially though. It could be worse, you could have a Blackberry or a Windows Phone which tend to have apps that lag even further behind.

-guerreiro9

The Church has released version 3.0 of it's Gospel Library app. Looking much cleaner with easier navigation, I quite like it.

Video and more pictures at the link.

http://www.lds.org/c...ounced?lang=eng

580-Gospel%20App%20Library.png580-Gospel%20App%20annotations.png

My colleague, Ryan Morgenegg, who wrote the story linked to here, says he is keeping the older release, 2.5, on his device for now because it is faster than the new one. (He and I both use an iPod touch.)

As tantalizing as this upgrade looks, I'm not certain I want to sacrifice speed of navigation for all these nifty new features.

Edited by Scott Lloyd

My colleague, Ryan Morgenegg, who wrote the story linked to here, says he is keeping the older release, 2.5, on his device for now because it is faster than the new one. (He and I both use an iPod touch.)

As tantalizing as this upgrade looks, I'm not certain I want to sacrifice speed of navigation for all these nifty new features.

Besides that you have to be connected to the internet to download content or fill your memory if you download everything in order to work off line.

And worst of all it is only in English. Hopefully there will be a Multilanguage version out soon.