Seriously No Politics ×

Phoenix Gay Pride

I know both gay and lesbian people. We are friends. We just don't discuss those issues. They know that I am not going to gay clubs or drinking with them. Still we go on hikes, concerts and bike riding together. As far as I know, there have been no directives from the GA that we are to hate or drag people behind pickups. At first, a few people thought me part of that group and admonished me not to marry. Hah, as if! It would take 10 strong men, a rope around my neck, and a sword at my throat to get me up the aisle. Then I'd put Fels Naptha in his pancakes!

I love your humor, despite your life being so hard, so brave.

I love your humor, despite your life being so hard, so brave.

Not so brave. When they are much larger than you, you just take it. Movie makers purposefully put funny little spots in movies with great horror and call that Comic Relief. In one of the Indiana Jones movies, Mr Jones looks into the dark hole and sees many snakes. He says, "Snakes, it would have to be snakes." It was thought by the MEN that would be a funny scene, but I assure you that in my life, snakes have never been an object of humor full stop!

This gay/lesbian issue is not joke and to any right thinking saint, it should be an object of great sorrow and prayer. On more than one occasion I have been approached by active Missionaries that tell me that they too know gay or lesbian folk, and what pain it is to see into their lives. Inshallah, in time Heavenly Father will give us all better understanding of these issues.

Remember, in the time of Jesus Christ, leoprosy was considered to be unclean or even daemon posession. Now days we know it to be Hansens disease and if not entirely curable to at least be arrestable. Remember when people believed in witchcraft. Today, in Saudi Arabia and Iran, people are still accused of it and get their heads cut off! Some of us seem to feed on and enjoy ignorance to the pain and torment of those thought guilty.

Awww...you're so sweet. Thanks, Stargazer! What does "dry Mormon" mean? I've never heard that before.

A "dry Mormon" is someone who, while not officially a member of the Church, nevertheless largely behaves like one, and generally has a good opinion of the Church. You seem to fit the definition.