Animals In Love!

Cute. but that's really nothing. I have pictures from the my first date when I was 16. Now that was truly "animals in love"!

I bet the animals are cuter. But if you are fond of burying your head in the sand, then you are unlikely to see that! :D

Edited by mathonihah

I have a little difficulty understanding why people anthropomorphize animals.

I can see some of it, but one has to remember that these are just snapshots and while grooming may be done out of some sort of bonding, it could just be for those tasty bugs crawling on his companion.

Speaking of animals in love... and with Spring coming on... some things I like to do are save my hair from my brush... and cut up small pieces of string or yarn and throw them in the yard or hang them in the trees so the birds can find them as they gather materials for their nests.

GG

Most of those pics show an apparent need for and enjoyment of closeness between animals of the same or different species. Such closeness between parent and child is expected , but that expression of intimacy extends outside of those familial relationships. All one needs to do is recognize the desire for closeness between ourselves and our pets,be they dog,cat, bird,horse,or pigglet.

Most of those pics show an apparent need for and enjoyment of closeness between animals of the same or different species. Such closeness between parent and child is expected , but that expression of intimacy extends outside of those familial relationships. All one needs to do is recognize the desire for closeness between ourselves and our pets,be they dog,cat, bird,horse,or pigglet.

There is, it would seem, a consistent crossspecies (at least of the more advance, though one could claim it is there with bees and ants and such colony animals, flocks of birds and schools of fish also seem to need if not direct physical contact, a physical awareness of closeness) need for close physical contact, probably as a clue for safety as you seem most of the animals in relaxed positions. It is the relaxed positions that often created a visual sense of loving where it might not be a mating or familiar type of bond.

MOST of the depicted scenes can be reproduced by a good animal trainer.

I don't disagree at all. I wonder how many of them were ' posed ' and how many were spontaneous. On another note, the job of polar bear wrangler in the high Arctic ,has just opened up. :crazy: