Utah Lds People

approdis

Is it me or I feel that LDS kids don't have a clue.

It seems that the LDS people around the world are very nice and understand.

Here in the capitol of the religion is were the cold minded ones are.

It seems that they help you because they think you are not at there level. That isn't helping someone

that is changing them. And if god did create the universe then why are the members condensending?

Because if he created the world, and whole universe he also created you right? So let's say you were struggling, might be poor, or don't have a car, or nicer things, or let's say you did smoke nicotine. You are not anyless or better, but only to the eyes of the mormons here in utah they just are afraid to see outside the box. First off, I wish they would know the facts before they judge. An example, I saw a guy at school ask a girl out. Apparently they were going to lagoon (amusment park) on his birthday. He does have friends who smoke pot but never at the amusement park. Like someone is going to pull out a bong and toke it up on a roller coaster. Anyways, she said.. "what kind are they"... He said "I am not quite sure what you mean? She replied, "Are they LDS?.. He said no, but your my friend, they are my friends therefore everyone is fun to be around and we will all have a good time, it's my birthday.

The girl said, I only hang with LDS people. He replied, "you are predijuce? she said, no its just heavenly father says to stay away from druggies..

"hey man, let's go smoke some crack, you can smell it on them...

WOW

you can smelll crack on people?... Cigs, or weed but weed only if you just toked it..

So my question is..

How do I go about keeping my sanity, so I don't lash out by saying something stupid. I think that if people are this closed minded, if I made a comment to defend my friend, to them who knows they might think I'm tempered. It seems that LDS people in utah are raised in a comfort zone. They dont want to go outside and stretch the muscles of the mind, they are perfectly safe and cozy, in which I understand the comfort of it, but by that means it effects us. Because when we are judged by the "We ARE THE ONLY ONES WHo ARE BETTER" type of people it hurts my feelings. What do I do about it? Can someone give me any advice of how to overcome the ignorance of the state of Utah and what the lds culture has become? Christ would never be ignorant .... But at the same time I like the church, but the people really make me feel that Christ did the opposite of what he was teaching. It's almost as if he created shallow, cold hearted people, and he was supposed to put the universe in peace. It seems that the LDS people are the only ones who are right, and they win by favortism automatically.

I think the LDS are somewhat protective but not in a nasty way, as they well should be. There is a difference between being caring and loving to people and sacrificing yourself to a life style that is not about what Heavenly Father wants us to do. I'm old and have limited income, so I live in a house where they smoke pot and drink. It is a vexing situation and this summer I hope to get away from it. It is a bad situation to expect an LDS Daughter to go mix with those who do not love Heavenly Father.

The Mission field is different because the Missionaries have an anointing that helps to protect them.

Is it me or I feel that LDS kids don't have a clue.

It seems that the LDS people around the world are very nice and understand.

Here in the capitol of the religion is were the cold minded ones are.

It seems that they help you because they think you are not at there level. That isn't helping someone

that is changing them. And if god did create the universe then why are the members condensending?

Because if he created the world, and whole universe he also created you right? So let's say you were struggling, might be poor, or don't have a car, or nicer things, or let's say you did smoke nicotine. You are not anyless or better, but only to the eyes of the mormons here in utah they just are afraid to see outside the box. First off, I wish they would know the facts before they judge. An example, I saw a guy at school ask a girl out. Apparently they were going to lagoon (amusment park) on his birthday. He does have friends who smoke pot but never at the amusement park. Like someone is going to pull out a bong and toke it up on a roller coaster. Anyways, she said.. "what kind are they"... He said "I am not quite sure what you mean? She replied, "Are they LDS?.. He said no, but your my friend, they are my friends therefore everyone is fun to be around and we will all have a good time, it's my birthday.

The girl said, I only hang with LDS people. He replied, "you are predijuce? she said, no its just heavenly father says to stay away from druggies..

"hey man, let's go smoke some crack, you can smell it on them...

WOW

you can smelll crack on people?... Cigs, or weed but weed only if you just toked it..

So my question is..

How do I go about keeping my sanity, so I don't lash out by saying something stupid. I think that if people are this closed minded, if I made a comment to defend my friend, to them who knows they might think I'm tempered. It seems that LDS people in utah are raised in a comfort zone. They dont want to go outside and stretch the muscles of the mind, they are perfectly safe and cozy, in which I understand the comfort of it, but by that means it effects us. Because when we are judged by the "We ARE THE ONLY ONES WHo ARE BETTER" type of people it hurts my feelings. What do I do about it? Can someone give me any advice of how to overcome the ignorance of the state of Utah and what the lds culture has become? Christ would never be ignorant .... But at the same time I like the church, but the people really make me feel that Christ did the opposite of what he was teaching. It's almost as if he created shallow, cold hearted people, and he was supposed to put the universe in peace. It seems that the LDS people are the only ones who are right, and they win by favortism automatically.

I think some can handle hanging around people that party and stay LDS and keep the WoW, testimony etc., not judge. But there are others like this girl, that it won't work. It's her personality and maybe her upbringing. She just may feel uncomfortable around them, not herself because she doesn't relate, she may even feel self conscience about maybe being the goody, goody. It takes her out of her safe element of everyone thinking the same about life and choosing the right etc. For example, I went to lunch with some friends from high school that I hadn't seen for years. They were drinking wine and laughing and having a great time. I'd had of period of time where I wasn't keeping the WoW in HS and wasn't always active but for a short time. Anyway back to the lunch, the entire time during lunch I felt extremely uncomfortable around the ladies, they weren't doing anything wrong, they are wonderful people, it was just me being out of my element. I've been active TR holding member for so many years and hung around only people like me for so long that it's like I'm in my own little bubble. Maybe you can find a girl that has a somewhat diverse background to where she would be more open minded. You'll find her...good luck with everything. Oops, I realize I haven't answered part of the post that states that people in Utah think they are always right. I think that is a low percentage of people. You need to get use to being around them, when I was inactive and getting active again, I thought the same thing you did. But once you immerse yourself in it you'll see that there are so many that aren't this way. Patience is a virtue here, you'll see if you stick it out. Edited by Tacenda

I've lived in Utah and outside of it and everywhere I've lived there have been kids and adults that won't associate with others for an endless variety of reasons including they are too 'uptight' and lawabiding or its opposite or even 'they think they are better than I am and they are not'. If you want to feel 'at home' everywhere you need to look at your own 'boundaries' and see if they have any more validity than others.

I find it is better to attempt to treat individuals as individuals and not as a member of a group, that way my expectations are less likely to cloud my judgment of why a person may be acting a certain way.

Edited by calmoriah