My "Strong Right Arm"

3DOP

As a laborer who does a lot of lifting, I occasionally mention my "strong right arm". It is only a figure of speech but about half a year ago my "strong right arm" began to tingle a lot. As time went on it became more completely numb, and in the last month started to ache regularly like when you hit your funny bone. Finally, I began to lose grip and strength and had to sleep in a chair.

A surgical procedure on a disgruntled cervical disc has so far resulted in a happy outcome for me. Hopefully the disc will be happier too. I have almost full feeling in my arm and very little residual pain after only a few days. The muscle soreness from the surgery is a most welcome feeling compared to that strange "electrical" pain that one feels from irritated nerves.

I had explained to a few of you that this condition was why I hadn't been posting very often. So anyway, many thanks to those who assured me of their prayers and good wishes.

3DOP

I underwent back surgery years ago for a herniated disc, L4/L5. My bishop, at the time, was the anesthesiologist. He didn't have to use any drugs to put me to sleep, he just stood at the foot of surgical table and started giving one of his talks. I was dead asleep within seconds. Sad thing is, when I woke up, he had convinced that doctor to removed my whole backbone, now I'm a spineless character. Well, that is what he told the ward when he announced that I was giving a talk in sacrament meeting about a year later.

Hurry up and get yourself better buddy.