I Kid You Not.... I Saw It...

Garden Girl

Yes! Gave me a good laugh...

Lincoln City, like many Oregon coastal towns, has the one main highway (Coast Hwy 101) winding through town. During our summer months traffic is very slow here because it is two lane a good deal of the time.

So Sunday I'm on my way home from Church, resigned to the snail's pace... but happy for all the visitors as they clearly are enjoying the beach, the farmer's market, the kites on the beach, etc etc.

When all of a sudden my attention is drawn to an approaching car...

There, on top of the car is strapped a very large dog kennel... As the car went past me I had time for a good look... and yes there was a dog in the kennel, seemingly very relaxed, lying down, calmly looking around with interest. I could see other drivers/passengers pointing at the kennel and laughing... seriously, the dog was just fine... the kennel was situated so the back was facing the wind, thus sheltering the dog from excessive wind.

I thought as I drove on by... well, that's better than the many dogs I see around here riding in the back of pickup trucks.

GG

Yes! Gave me a good laugh...

Lincoln City, like many Oregon coastal towns, has the one main highway (Coast Hwy 101) winding through town. During our summer months traffic is very slow here because it is two lane a good deal of the time.

So Sunday I'm on my way home from Church, resigned to the snail's pace... but happy for all the visitors as they clearly are enjoying the beach, the farmer's market, the kites on the beach, etc etc.

When all of a sudden my attention is drawn to an approaching car...

There, on top of the car is strapped a very large dog kennel... As the car went past me I had time for a good look... and yes there was a dog in the kennel, seemingly very relaxed, lying down, calmly looking around with interest. I could see other drivers/passengers pointing at the kennel and laughing... seriously, the dog was just fine... the kennel was situated so the back was facing the wind, thus sheltering the dog from excessive wind.

I thought as I drove on by... well, that's better than the many dogs I see around here riding in the back of pickup trucks.

GG

The dog was having the time of his life...:)

While he was in Vietnam a friend of mine, and his buddies, had a woman Vietnamese cook/housekeeper. One day after duty they came back to find a hot meal waiting for them. As they sat down to eat they asked what meat was in the meal. She replied chicken. So they started to eat. It didn't taste quite like chicken so they asked again her reply was chicken. It still didn't taste like chicken so they asked a third time. She got a little put out by the repeated questioning, and loudly said Chicken, chicken go bow wow.

While he was in Vietnam a friend of mine, and his buddies, had a woman Vietnamese cook/housekeeper. One day after duty they came back to find a hot meal waiting for them. As they sat down to eat they asked what meat was in the meal. She replied chicken. So they started to eat. It didn't taste quite like chicken so they asked again her reply was chicken. It still didn't taste like chicken so they asked a third time. She got a little put out by the repeated questioning, and loudly said Chicken, chicken go bow wow.

Yikes!!!

GG

Dogs love the backs of pickups, open windows to hang their head out, roof top kennels, and on top of any load on a pickup or truck. As has been noted Indonesian restaurants are not a favorite hangout for dogs.

Children love the backs of pickups, too, but it's still dangerous.

I don't have a problem with the kennel thing, as long as it's well attached, and there is some protection from flying objects like bugs and small rocks.

Edited by DH

Children love the backs of pickups, too, but it's still dangerous.

I don't have a problem with the kennel thing, as long as it's well attached, and there is some protection from flying objects like bugs and small rocks.

...and Vietnamese housekeepers, and Indonesian chefs...