How Do You Give Someone Rep Points

Go to your Profile page. Under your profile pic is a list of 5 option tabs:

Overview

Profile Feed

Topics

Click on Reputation and you'll see all your posts where you've awarded rep-points. On the far top-right, you'll see Given and Received. Click on Received and you'll see all posts that you have made where others have awarded you rep-points.

I've tried to give people points but nothing happens when I click on the green square at the right of a post...maybe it's because I'm not allowed until I've posted a certain number of times?

Usually 25 is the magic number for starting threads in the main forums and editing your posts. Probably the same for reps. I'm guessing you get 10 rep points to award a day. When you get to contributor you get more.

I think I am supposed to have 50 or so which I think all contributors have (but few of us use them all up, I think ERayR is the only one who is as consistent as I am for trying to do so)....but it always seems less when the sign comes up that I've exceeded my quota. Sometimes when I am just enjoying a conversation among friends so much, I probably do hand them out like candy and then kick myself a little later on when I come across a really choice response after I've maxed out. What I would like is to be able to collect all the posts I like during the day and at the end order and rate them and THEN hand out rep points rather than as I go along, but even I am not obsessive/compulsive to actually do something like that, lol. Sometimes it is fun to just be totally frivolous with them....it isn't as if they were an actual grade or something after all.

Usually 25 is the magic number for starting threads in the main forums and editing your posts. Probably the same for reps. I'm guessing you get 10 rep points to award a day. When you get to contributor you get more.

Ooh, only one more and I will have hit the magic number. Hope the power doesn't rush to my head! :)