A Moment Of Prayer Needed

To my prayerful friends: I just got this message from a widowed mom with young children friend who lives in Virginia: " I'm going to have surgery in a few hours where the doctor is going to cut into my skull and remove cancerous tumors that are pressing on my brain." My friend has been struggling with recurring cancer for some time, while holding down a full time job, and raising children alone. If anyone deserves a break it is this dear woman. so please, set aside a moment of silence for her a soon as you can. She thanks you. and her children are worried and frightened, so they need all the mojo you can spare as well.

She is LDS and so is the doctor but still....

Thanks

To my prayerful friends: I just got this message from a widowed mom with young children friend who lives in Virginia: " I'm going to have surgery in a few hours where the doctor is going to cut into my skull and remove cancerous tumors that are pressing on my brain." My friend has been struggling with recurring cancer for some time, while holding down a full time job, and raising children alone. If anyone deserves a break it is this dear woman. so please, set aside a moment of silence for her a soon as you can. She thanks you. and her children are worried and frightened, so they need all the mojo you can spare as well.

She is LDS and so is the doctor but still....

Thanks

As one who needs it myself...you've got it. Or she does. Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

thanks! I have heard that though she did have one seizure post op she is otherwise doing well. Thank you for the prayers.

About an hour ago I got the news that my nephew is having a heart procedure this day which should have been done and dusted in 2 hours. Brother says that he and SIL have been anxiously waiting for 3.5 hours. Please remember young Brian today in your prayers.

Also my darling SweetPea was not accepted into medical school for this year, though her brother was. This is not the end of the world, but it probably is the end of her long held dream to be a pediatrician. Please help us pray her a new educational and professional goal that she will not see as second choice. This kid has had hard tough stuff all her young life. As a faithful believer I figure she is due some pretty big blessings right about now.

I have chest pains over the whole mess of the day.

Hello Jana friend...

Prayers going forth for your friends, and for your family... so sorry SweetPea was not accepted; can she try next semester? Is it so final that she has no hope of future acceptance if she is lacking something that can be added to her resume/transcripts this year?

I'm a firm believer than sometimes "no" is the right answer to prayer... I have personal experience with that... and having the "second choice" turn out to be the absolute right one after all... the one that was best for us and subsequently me after I became widowed.

I know as a mom you are hurting for her, but try and help her see options not just as second best but simply "different." It just could be that the options hold the blessings...

Now as for you, lady... take care of you, and stay well.

GG