Family Search & Temple Ordinances

I was wondering if the Family Search website has the information about some of my family member's temple ordinances. I initiated some of the temple work by doing baptisms but a friend and his wife did initiatories and endowments.

Is there any way to obtain this information either on the site or through the church despite my not being a member of the church at this time?

I was wondering if the Family Search website has the information about some of my family member's temple ordinances. I initiated some of the temple work by doing baptisms but a friend and his wife did initiatories and endowments.

Is there any way to obtain this information either on the site or through the church despite my not being a member of the church at this time?

Ask one of your LDS friends familiar with the Church's new family search site if they will look up these individuals. Sit with them as they are on the computer site. We have been advised to focus soley on our own families when doing research, but with you there I think I would feel comfortable assisting you. I suspect others would be also.

I believe you need your membership number to access temple records these days.

Here is the registration page for the new.familysearch.org:

https://ident.familysearch.org/cis-web/pages/registration/registration.html?referrer=new%20FamilySearch&lng=en

I tried to do a search on that and the related site to see what is needed to access the tracking stuff I posted below, didn't find any pages answering that issue. However, you can send in questions and they will answer them for you so I would do just that if someone else who knows better doesn't respond.

Edited by calmoriah

https://familysearch.org/help/viewdocument?documentId=treelds-rtreehowordinancestatuseschangeasordinancesassignedtempledonehtml&sliceId=&userQuery=temple+ordinances

Using the FamilySearch Family Tree (23 March 2012)

How Ordinance Statuses Change When Ordinances Are Assigned to the Temple

When you assign ordinances to the temple, the temple ensures that the ordinances are performed in the correct order. The ordinance statuses tell you which ordinances are done, which are being performed, and which are still on the list waiting to be performed.

Action Ordinance Status Ordinance Icon You reserve an individual’s ordinances in new.familysearch.org. The individual is added to your Temple Ordinances list. The ordinance status indicates that the family ordinance cards are not printed. tree_icon_ordinance_card_not_printed.png You assign an individual’s ordinances to the temple. The ordinance status changes to “On hold.”

The Assigned To column indicates which ordinances are assigned to the temple. You can still assign the ordinance back to yourself. tree_icon_ordinance_waiting.png A temple receives all or some of the ordinances and begins to work on them. The ordinance status indicates that the card has been printed.

The Assigned To column contains a lock, indicating that you cannot assign the individual’s ordinances back to yourself. tree_icon_ordinance_card_printed.png An ordinance is done. The ordinance status indicates that the ordinance is done. <a name="reference_B59F481BD0924CE18EDA95170BBFA992__image_B45A3079C9BF4611AC1C3D8B847B7EDA">tree_icon_ordinance_completed.png

Parent topic: Monitoring the Completion of Ordinances

Related concepts

Family Ordinance Request

Family Ordinance Card

Related tasks

Getting Help with Ordinances by Giving Cards to Family and Friends and by Assigning Ordinances to the Temple

Unreserving Ordinances in the FamilySearch Family Tree

Printing and Reprinting Family Ordinance Requests in the Family Tree

Related reference

How Ordinance Statuses Change When the Ordinances Are Assigned to You

© 2007, 2012 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.

https://familysearch.org/help/viewdocument?documentId=treelds-rtreehowordinancestatuseschangeasordinancesassignedtempledonehtml&sliceId=&userQuery=temple+ordinances

Using the FamilySearch Family Tree (23 March 2012)

Monitoring the Completion of Ordinances

When you assign ordinances to the temple or give cards to family and friends, you can use your Temple Ordinances list to monitor the completion of those ordinances.

In the column labeled “Ordinance Status,” the Temple Ordinances list shows each ordinance that is available for the individual. It also indicates the following information:

To learn what the different colors mean, you can either hover your mouse over the icon or click Legend, which is located above the Ordinance Status column.

After all of an individual’s ordinances are done, the system automatically removes him or her from the Temple Ordinances list.

1. From within the FamilySearch Family Tree, click Temple.

tree_temple_link.png

The list of individuals whose ordinances you have reserved appears.

tree_temple_reserved_list.png

Tip: If your Temple Ordinances list takes a long time to load, try canceling some reservations so that your list becomes more manageable.
    Important: If no one appears on this list, it means that you have not yet reserved any ordinances. Until the features required to reserve ordinances are added to the FamilySearch Family Tree, please go to new.familysearch.org to do this.

2. Use the ordinance icons to track completion of the ordinances:

• Light blue icons (tree_icon_ordinance_ready.png) indicate that the ordinance is not reserved, but it has enough information for ordinances to be done. If you want to do this ordinance, use the new FamilySearch website to reserve it.
    • Dark blue icons (tree_icon_ordinance_waiting.png) indicate one of the following:

If the ordinance is assigned to the temple, the temple has not started doing it.
  3. If the ordinance is assigned to you, at least one preliminary ordinance is assigned to the temple. You cannot do the ordinance until the temple completes the preliminary ones.

[*]Gold icons (tree_icon_ordinance_card_not_printed.png) mean that the ordinance has been reserved, but the card is not yet printed.

[*]Green icons (tree_icon_ordinance_card_printed.png) mean that the ordinance has been printed. If the ordinance is assigned to you, you printed the ordinance on a Family Ordinance Request. If the ordinance is assigned to the temple, the temple printed the ordinance for someone to do.

[*]Gray icons (tree_icon_ordinance_completed.png) mean the ordinance is done. Hover your mouse cursor over the icon to see the date and temple.

[*]Icons with a dashed line (tree_icon_ordinance_not_available.png) mean that the individual’s ordinance information is not available for one of these reasons:

[*]Icons with no box (<a name="task_9AF3B95824674981B6C212EBB3076FDC__image_01F93CABC12E4DB295C257BB53BB593A">tree_icon_ordinance_not_needed.png) indicate that the individual does not need this ordinance because he or she either was stillborn or died before age 8.

If you assigned ordinances to the temple, the individual’s names remain on your Temple Ordinances list until all of the reserved ordinances are completed. After all of an individual’s ordinances are done, the system automatically removes him or her from the Temple Ordinances list.

Parent topic: Using the FamilySearch Family Tree to Prepare to Do Temple Ordinances for Your Ancestors

Related tasks

Finding Out If an Individual’s Ordinances Are Done

Reserving and Doing Temple Ordinances

Seeing an Explanation of the Temple Icons in the FamilySearch Family Tree

Related reference

Ordinance Statuses

Ordinance Abbreviations

© 2007, 2012 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.