Gg...I Found This For One Of Your Cards.

I remember you talking about restarting your card company...I wrote this years ago after watching the sun go down at Tybee Island, GA on the Atlantic.

An Evening By The Sea

Upon the waves

The wind doth ride,

From ocean deep

To evening tide.

While seagulls glide

Like painted kites,

The rising moon

Proclaims the night.

My ears behold

The crashing sound,

Of dying waves

Upon the ground.

While young run

Their final race,

For darkness falls

Upon this place.

Their Mother's call

A final time,

Responses heard

In boyish whines.

As moonlight bathes

The rippled glass,

Reminding me

Of summers past.

As lovers stroll

Hand in hand,

Their fading footsteps

In the sand.

Upon the pier

The lanterns shine,

While fishermen

Their catch to find.

I spent an evening

By the Sea,

These are the things

That came to me.

William E. Lee

April 1998

Copyright 1998

Again one finger typing on Ipad…sorry for errors.

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

That's really beautiful Pa Pa... the last couple of days have been lovely in the afternoon/evenings and people pour out onto the beach. Sunsets have been beautiful. I've always wondered what it is about the beach as rarely do couples walk without holding hands, in town but particularly on the beach. It's magical...

And yes, the little children love to build castles and forts of driftwood on the shore, laughing, running, with a freedom that must come from the feeling of openness. It is lawful to build a fire ring and light the driftwood... families sit around the fire gently talking, sometimes roasting marshmallows or hot dogs, watching the last of day's light fade beyond the horizon.

GG

That's really beautiful Pa Pa... the last couple of days have been lovely in the afternoon/evenings and people pour out onto the beach. Sunsets have been beautiful. I've always wondered what it is about the beach as rarely do couples walk without holding hands, in town but particularly on the beach. It's magical...

And yes, the little children love to build castles and forts of driftwood on the shore, laughing, running, with a freedom that must come from the feeling of openness. It is lawful to build a fire ring and light the driftwood... families sit around the fire gently talking, sometimes roasting marshmallows or hot dogs, watching the last of day's light fade beyond the horizon.

GG

I have seen nightfall at the beach many times, but never a sunset. As an East Coast guy just a lot of sunrises. It must be great for Islander's to be able to see both.
I have seen nightfall at the beach many times, but never a sunset.
Took me a minute to figure this out, lol. Never been on a 'East Coast', beaches are always about sunsets to me.