Very Positive Story On Mormonism By Msnbc'S Melissa Harris

Peppermint Patty

A surprisingly positive piece on Mormonism by MSNBC's Melissa Harris. She interviews Joanna Brooks and Spencer Fluhman on misconceptions people have about Mormonism. Also, she discusses many positive aspects of Mormonism.

It's refreshing to hear a positive story on Mormonism from the national media. Play the video:

http://t.co/KRi5Wtlx

I wasn't able to watch it at that site, but I found it at http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/why-doesn-t-romney-talk-about-his-mormon-religion/615uvgb?cpkey=823f926b-e426-44d7-a400-727f8b1e96c5%7C%7C%7C%7C .

I wasn't able to watch it at that site, but I found it at http://www.bing.com/...27f8b1e96c5|||| .

That's actually a different video. It looks like she did a whole series on the church. Kind of surreal having something objective and even positive coming from MSNBC. I did note that her program is new to the network. Maybe she didn't get the memo from Lawrence O'Donnell yet.

Well, Brooks starts right off stating that we need to hear how Romney's faith shapes his politics. I heartily agree. But on this board are many of you who disagree with this line of reasoning and won't talk about it or allow it to be talked about when you have the power to limit it. In addition, no one is asking these kinds of questions of the other candidate. For instance, his association with Islam vis a vis his current alliance with the Muslim Brotherhood as well as "Liberation Theology", etc. Nor have they been asked of most candidates in the past with anywhere near the coverage as this all the way back to JFK.

Therefore, I find the story to be quite hypocritical and, given who these people are, part of laying the foundation to attack Romney's faith if the other candiate needs it (Melissa Harris came right out and said who she was for, eliminating any semblance of journalism). So there really is quite a dark side here or one that is being illustrated among present company, who ought to know better, as well as American politics in general even though some of the right "politically correct" phrases were spouted in the video.

Well, Brooks starts right off stating that we need to hear how Romney's faith shapes his politics. I heartily agree. But on this board are many of you who disagree with this line of reasoning and won't talk about it or allow it to be talked about when you have the power to limit it. In addition, no one is asking these kinds of questions of the other candidate. For instance, his association with Islam vis a vis his current alliance with the Muslim Brotherhood as well as "Liberation Theology", etc. Nor have they been asked of most candidates in the past with anywhere near the coverage as this all the way back to JFK.

Therefore, I find the story to be quite hypocritical and, given who these people are, part of laying the foundation to attack Romney's faith if the other candiate needs it (Melissa Harris came right and said who she was for, eliminating any semblance of journalism). So there really is quite a dark side here or one that is being illustrated among present company who ought to know better as well as American politics in general even though some of the right "politically correct" phrases were spouted in the video.

So the kind of honesty and frankness which one never hears on Rupert Murdoch's Fox Network becomes the occasion to accuse a very nice lady of hypocrisy, and the occasion for the bandying about of absurd accusations of an "association with Islam" or an "alliance with the Muslim Brotherhood," and "Liberation theology." You left out the false and snide Birther claims. That is doublethink and newspeak right out of George Orwell's "1984," and there should be no place for that kind of nonsense on this board.

Archived