Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who said such nice things about yours truly in that amusingly creepy thread I was just made aware of over on the dark side where I don't have an account. Thanks for sticking up for geeks like me; y'all are groovy cats. :)

I also would like to take a moment to tell a brief autobiographical tale. When I was in fourth (or third? Fifth? I think it was fourth) grade, I was assigned to be a "Peer Mediator" during recess. I don't know if this was just a Hawaii thing, but basically what happened was the teachers gave a few of us some pens and these goofy little spiral-bound notebooks, and we would walk around the playground looking to see if any fights were breaking out, or if people were being teased. Then we'd go up to the folks in the conflagration and see if we could "mediate" between both sides, getting all the perspectives down on paper.

We accomplished essentially nothing and I think I got punched once, but I always thought it was a kinda cool idea to at least attempt to help people on different sides try to get over their tribalistic enmity.

Thus, in honor of the recent oddness, I would like to attempt to initiate a brand-new Mormon-Boards Meme! (Kinda like Good Guy Greg, only without breaking the Word of Wisdom.)

My nefarious plot is this: from now on, whenever a supposed enemy gets all paranoid and woo-woo and people start choosing teams and ganging up on each other like velociraptors, I suggest that rather than escalating the arms race, we instead post the image below (which I spent an entire fifteen minutes drawing, so you better be thankful 'cuz I'm exhausted.)

Just think: this way, instead of fighting, we get to see a cute widdle picture of Horus and Lady Anhaï reminding peeps that we're all just humans trying to make our way in this

! Everyone wins.
.
. (err, wait, not that last one. Strike that,
.)

The catch: it has to be completely sincere. If I catch you posting it sarcastically to make fun of someone, I won't say a single word, but you will feel my disappointment at your lack of basic human empathy lingering in the depths of your ever-lovin' soul until the end times. (If you see someone use it sarcastically, link back to this post, so they'll feel guilty too, even if they can't bring themselves to admit to such squishy feewings.)

So without further ado: "Why can't we be friends?" by Jeremy Orbe-Smith, Ancient Astronaut, Esq.

05051201.jpg

Posted

I am sorry but due to chronic insecurity, I can only be friends with people who are dumber than me. I currently have a cat and two cacti on my facebook list.

Posted

I am sorry but due to chronic insecurity, I can only be friends with people who are dumber than me. I currently have a cat and two cacti on my facebook list.

The cat has the same idea.

Posted (edited)

I am sorry but due to chronic insecurity, I can only be friends with people who are dumber than me. I currently have a cat and two cacti on my facebook list.

Do they happen to be these guys?

funny-pictures-cat-eats-pain-for-breakfast.jpg

In any case Jeremy, everybody can be friends if they choose to be friends =).

Edited by TAO
Posted

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who said such nice things about yours truly in that amusingly creepy thread I was just made aware of over on the dark side where I don't have an account. Thanks for sticking up for geeks like me; y'all are groovy cats.

Were you really called an ancient astronaut?

Posted

I am sorry but due to chronic insecurity, I can only be friends with people who are dumber than me. (sic)

I guess a knowledge of grammar is unnecessary.

Posted

Is your avatar Rick Springfield?

Posted

Jeremy,

MD is sensitive to censorship and you kicked the hornet's nest. Upon your request, Shades removed the URL to your site from a poster's sig line. This irritated some of MD's citizens, as it violated the spirit of freedom on that board.

What you witnessed was as much a protest against Shades as it was a signal to you. Perhaps you'd care to explain why you want to prohibit people from posting URLs to your website?

H.

Posted

Jeremy,

MD is sensitive to censorship and you kicked the hornet's nest. Upon your request, Shades removed the URL to your site from a poster's sig line. This irritated some of MD's citizens, as it violated the spirit of freedom on that board.

What you witnessed was as much a protest against Shades as it was a signal to you. Perhaps you'd care to explain why you want to prohibit people from posting URLs to your website?

H.

Ahhhh typical MDB forms of harassment. Nothing ever changes. I wonder how many of them were bullies on the school yard.

Nemesis

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...