Toured The Kansas City Temple Today

The Kansas City Temple opened friday (general public) and I got to tour it this morning. It is very beautiful! Had a very pregnant sister as our tour guide and her husband assisted.

Our tour group was half LDS and half non member. I found it really special that at the front and back doors there were teenagers who knelt down to put on our "booties" and then take them off (my 75 year old mother appreciated that!). It's a very beautiful building that the LDS should be very proud of!

Everything down to the smallest detail seemed perfect!

The Kansas City Temple opened friday (general public) and I got to tour it this morning. It is very beautiful! Had a very pregnant sister as our tour guide and her husband assisted.

Our tour group was half LDS and half non member. I found it really special that at the front and back doors there were teenagers who knelt down to put on our "booties" and then take them off (my 75 year old mother appreciated that!). It's a very beautiful building that the LDS should be very proud of!

Everything down to the smallest detail seemed perfect!

We do that sort of thing rather well, don't we? (Glad you enjoyed the tour. :))

I have immediate family members who were recently used for a church production at the Kansas City Temple. The church filmed them walking around inside and outside trying to look "normal." Stock footage for the dedication intro I guess. But they're happy to be able to walk out of their house in Shoal Creek and see the temple in the distance. It will be a good excuse to go and visit them. :yahoo:

I was pleased yesterday to see a video on Wolf Blitzer's CNN news program, put out by the Church, showing the interior of a temple scheduled for dedication soon. This was in conjuction with a reference to Romney's candidacy and his LDS faith. I don't know if it was the KC temple, but it was beautiful, showing the various rooms/baptistry.

The video has been developed by the Church to provide to news sources rather than have them filming, so that everyone (particularly non-members) can see inside the temple. It was very well done.

GG