Finding An American Who Was In Ww2?

Duncan

What do you know about him?

Why are you looking? (It may help determine who he is.)

Is he still alive?

There are such databases. I believe that Ancestry.com may have access to some of them, if he has died. If so, it may be available to you at your local Family History Center.

Lehi

What do you know about him?

Why are you looking? (It may help determine who he is.)

Is he still alive?

There are such databases. I believe that Ancestry.com may have access to some of them, if he has died. If so, it may be available to you at your local Family History Center.

Lehi

I was in an area in the mission field and there was an older guy in the ward and he had some crazy experiences in WW2, I know his name, branch of service and where he was born but I don't know if he is still alive or not. I was just kind of interested in more about his experience is all

I am looking for a American who was in the Navy in WW2 and I don't even know how to begin, I looked around some but are there databases that have information? Thanks!

I can assure you that there were indeed Americans in the Navy in WW2. We saw quite a few of them in New Zealand. They were, as the saying went, "oversexed, overpaid and over here."

But did you mean you were looking for a particular American?

Regards,

Pahoran

I can assure you that there were indeed Americans in the Navy in WW2. We saw quite a few of them in New Zealand. They were, as the saying went, "oversexed, overpaid and over here."

Regards,

Pahoran

haw haw! A Particular American. I know Americans were in the Navy as my uncle was in the German Navy in WW2 on a PT cruiser type deal, so he had to have been fighting somebody

Regards,

Pahoran

What was the second part of this phrase

Oh yeah British, New Zealand, and Aussie soldiers were underpaid, undersexed, and under US! :rofl:

Sadly, the day is not far off where everyone who fought or otherwise participated in World War 2 will be gone. If you have any friends or family who have memories of that time, it might not be bad idea to sit down with a tape recorder and get their memories preserved.

"Tape recorder"? Geeeeeees! man, what are you, a dinosaur??

Lehi

Well, my 12 year old daughter has started "writing a book", and she asked me to find her a typewriter so she can do it "properly"(?).

That being said, if you're recording WW2 memories, you might want to dust off the ol' Dictaphone, just to keep it real:

comptometer-comander-ad.jpg