How To Have Faith In The Atonement?

rodheadlee

Will you feel naked before the Lord on Judgement Day? We were reading Mormon Chapter 9, verses 1-5 and sometimes both of us feel the we will be as described in verse . 5 For behold, when ye shall be brought to see your anakedness before God, and also the glory of God, and the bholiness of Jesus Christ, it will kindle a flame of unquenchable fire upon you.

I know the verses apply to those who do not believe in Jesus Christ but sometimes I can't help but feel this way.Is this from not having enough faith in the Atonement? Do you know any GC talks or Scripture that can help? Do we need to be doing more work for Christ? Lose ourselves in serving the Lord?

Will you feel naked before the Lord on Judgement Day? We were reading Mormon Chapter 9, verses 1-5 and sometimes both of us feel the we will be as described in verse . 5 For behold, when ye shall be brought to see your anakedness before God, and also the glory of God, and the bholiness of Jesus Christ, it will kindle a flame of unquenchable fire upon you.

I know the verses apply to those who do not believe in Jesus Christ but sometimes I can't help but feel this way.Is this from not having enough faith in the Atonement? Do you know any GC talks or Scripture that can help? Do we need to be doing more work for Christ? Lose ourselves in serving the Lord?

read every Elder Richard G. Scott talk from about 1986 and Elder Haight gave some amazing talks in GC and also his April 1988 Ensign article

I suspect we will all endure that. I suspect even more that it is a purifying flame. I suspect most of all that part of judgment will be whether we will thirst enough for righteousness to let it burn.

"The flame shall not hurt thee I only design thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine."

Sadly I think that hymn lies. The flame does hurt. I think it got the intent right. Faith leads to the hope that one day the operation will be over. It will be time to leave the hospital and all will be well.

I think all of us will feel "naked" before God. All of us. Not just the wicked.

I don't think we understand how searching His eye is / will be. How deep His knowledge of our sins and our thoughts.

But, He also has a perfect knowledge of our desires for good...what is in our hearts despite our bad behavior.

We should remember that Salvation is His plan, not Condemnation. He responds to every feeble effort on our part to repent ("turn to Him") and follow Him.

Even the Telestial Kingdom will be beyond our comprehension. As wonderful and glorious as we think it will be - It will be a million times better than that.

The key is to forge a relationship with Christ. Not with anyone else. Just Christ. From that relationship flows all power to do good, what to do and when to do it - seeking first His Kingdom and His righteousness. The Sacrament prayer is TO THE FATHER asking Him to sanctify the emblems, promising to ALWAYS REMEMBER CHRIST, HIS SON. Christ is the Key. How can we hope to understand the Atonement without speaking with Christ directly?

I keep a journal where I record written thoughts directed to Jesus Christ, not the Father. And I record what I feel from the Savior by way of reply. What I receive from the Lord in my mind is much more pure than words, but I do my best to record the responses I get. Nobody has been more surprised than me at how real this simple practice has become in my life. It is real. It is the Spirit of Revelation. Personal Revelation. I invite anyone reading this to do the same!