Run And Not Be Weary, Walk And Not Faint

Jeff K. is feeling a bit like a proud dad these days. Last Satureday his son Jared 15 and daughter Elizabeth 11 ran a full 26.3 mile marathon along the very hilly Rancho Palo Verdes. My son won third in his age division (15 to 19), which isn't bad considering second place overall (and first place in the age division) was this somewhat exotic runner that preferred running in greek sandals and pretty much averaged five minute miles the whole way. Young Elizabeth won first place for her age division and sprinted the last half mile to the finish.

What impressed me was their training, and older brother Jared did it mostly to help his younger sister and would have run with her the entire way, but she was having too much fun and told older brother to go ahead and "bust this course", so he moved on. Mom ran with the little one for a few miles, but ultimately she enjoyed running and talking with some of the other runner.

I took pictures.

This is her on that last half mile sprint

Palos%20Verdes%20Marathon%20Jared%20and%20Elizabeth%20118.JPG

Jeff K. is feeling a bit like a proud dad these days. Last Satureday his son Jared 15 and daughter Elizabeth 11 ran a full 26.3 mile marathon along the very hilly Rancho Palo Verdes. My son won third in his age division (15 to 19), which isn't bad considering second place overall (and first place in the age division) was this somewhat exotic runner that preferred running in greek sandals and pretty much averaged five minute miles the whole way. Young Elizabeth won first place for her age division and sprinted the last half mile to the finish.

What impressed me was their training, and older brother Jared did it mostly to help his younger sister and would have run with her the entire way, but she was having too much fun and told older brother to go ahead and "bust this course", so he moved on. Mom ran with the little one for a few miles, but ultimately she enjoyed running and talking with some of the other runner.

I took pictures.

This is her on that last half mile sprint

Palos%20Verdes%20Marathon%20Jared%20and%20Elizabeth%20118.JPG

Awesome! My brother served in Palos Verdes years ago and I know a LDS family that may..still live there, Know any Davis'? I served slight up north in the Arcadia Mission

I live in Orange County so I don't know anyone in PV. But I am amazed at how beautiful it is, and how just over the hill is one of the largest metropolitan areas in the US, but on this side it looks more like a big central CA beach town (with incredibly expensive homes).

Very impressive. My family is more into sporadic hiking and road trips on motorcycles, I would love it if one of us caught the passion of training for anything and the rest of us pitched into support him.