A Healing Repudiation, if only we had the faith

We the First Presidency and counsel of the twelve apostles have been aware of the concerns of our brethren of the African race. Specifically, we are aware that there have been teachings from past Church leadership that have been offensive. Many questions have been raised concerning the so called "curse of Cain" doctrine and Priesthood ban. We declare in words of soberness that these teachings were not of God but of Man. We officially separate ourselves from any teachings associated with racism and most vehemently disassociate ourselves from the "curse of Cain doctrine". We realize that some of our very finest leaders took part in these false teachings. Only God can judge their actions. As for us, let us flee from speculation and falsehoods. Let us seek to embrace our differences in the unity of the faith. Let us look to the standard works for guidance and direction. If there are any who have wavered in their faith in the Lord's church, we invite you to come back.

Your faithful brethren in Christ, The First Presidency

WHY NOT?

We the First Presidency and counsel of the twelve apostles have been aware of the concerns of our brethren of the African race. Specifically, we are aware that there have been teachings from past Church leadership that have been offensive. Many questions have been raised concerning the so called "curse of Cain" doctrine and Priesthood ban. We declare in words of soberness that these teachings were not of God but of Man. We officially separate ourselves from any teachings associated with racism and most vehemently disassociate ourselves from the "curse of Cain doctrine". We realize that some of our very finest leaders took part in these false teachings. Only God can judge their actions. As for us, let us flee from speculation and falsehoods. Let us seek to embrace our differences in the unity of the faith. Let us look to the standard works for guidance and direction. If there are any who have wavered in their faith in the Lord's church, we invite you to come back.

Your faithful brethren in Christ, The First Presidency

WHY NOT?

I think you will find this is not an appropriate thread for the Social Hall, if the mods lock it down you just need to get up your 'body count' to 25 posts before posting a thread in the main forum.

The most obvious answer to 'why not' is that everything in the paragraph might not be true. The 'curse of cain' doctrine might not be false, for example.

I'm not saying that it's not false, i'm only illustrating that the above statements seems to have a lot of assumptions in it and some of those assumptions could be a valid reason for 'why not'.

OR

Maybe such a statement will eventually come out. Only time will tell i guess.